Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tour operators - when do you expect to receive tickets?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is the first time we're using a tour operator - usually travel independently. Nobody has yet received their travel info or tickets for departure one week from today. Is this normal or should I kick up a fuss?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
seems a little late to me, who are you using? We're going with Neilson and I receved the tickets 4 weeks before the travel date. get on to them first thing tomorrow
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We normally get them about 2 weeks before.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
eng_ch, kick up a fuss, did you book through a travel agent, if so then ring them . if you booked recently (In the last couple of weeks or so) you may be expected to collect them at the airport, Check it out first thing on Monday!!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen Beaumont, no, we booked directly with the TO back in June. According to the terms, they should have been sent out 4 weeks in advance. Granted there was a little confusion and miscommunication over whether or not we were going to be adding to our group and they were waiting for that to be resolved, but it's getting a bit tight now. I won't name and shame as yet because if their customer service in other areas is any indication, there'll be no problem sorting it out. But, annoyingly, according to his auto-responder, our contact is now out of the office until 30th (which is a bit late). I have sent an urgent e-mail to his deputy and if they haven't rung me by lunchtime tomorrow, I shall be on the blower!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
eng_ch which TO are you using?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jb1970, I don't want to name and shame at this stage because if the tickets arrive in tomorrow's post then no worries. Likewise, if they sort it out for us tomorrow, I'll be posting to praise their customer service. If things don't get sorted quickly and efficiently, then I'll have no hesitation telling you
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
eng_ch The reaosn i was asking is that they are mostly all standard in that tickets usually arrive at least 7 days before date of departure.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry for the delay but now we're back I just thought I would give credit where it is due.

We travelled with Scott Dunn. It is clear that they did a couple of things wrong:

1. they left it rather late to send out tickets, apparently the booklet things they're delivered in with the other info was being reprinted
2. they failed to address one set properly (long complex address involving flats, buildings, multiple road numbers)

1 turned out not to be a problem as all bar one of the tickets arrived on the Tuesday morning for Sunday departure. Bit late but not a major problem.

2 could have been a real problem but the recovery was excellent. I received a phone call on the Friday morning from Scott Dunn saying they'd had the tickets returned to them as undeliverable and asked me for the chap's phone number so they could courier the tickets to him at work. This they did and he received the tickets two hours later. When I had rung on the Monday to enquire as suggested above, not only did they explain that they would do everything possible, including couriers, to make sure there wasn't a problem, but I got a phone call an hour later just to say they'd not been able to contact their ticketing department yet because the phones were down (beyond their control) but they wanted to reassure me they'd not forgotten it. I also received an e-mail from our primary contact while he was on his hols

The travel arrangements went down very well with everyone who used them, the chalet and food were superb, the customer service throughout was excellent.

In short, things can and do go wrong occasionally - the key is how the situation is then handled and SD scored full marks there and everywhere else.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
How important are printed tickets these days?

I go through life on the happy assumption that if I turn up with my passport then whoever I'm talking to will have a record that I'm booked with them, for me the printed ticket serves as a confirmation that I have actually bought something. Of course, whenever we go on holiday the tickets do experience obsessive compulsive checking but it's the passport and the credit card I staple to my body wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Our tickets just received for travelling to Big White next Saturday Little Angel snowHead are just receipts not tickets, I think for our own peace of mind rather than the airlines. It will be nice to see if our pre-booked plane seats actually materialise.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
eng_ch, I would expect no less from such a quality operator. I don't mind paying a bit more to get a lot more.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
to be frank if you're paying SD prices I'd expect a gorgeous scandie to deliver them on a silver platter, followed by a relaxing massage to alleviate the strains of waitingfor your tickets to turn up.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, I totally agree. Forgive the jargon, but they scored full marks because they "took ownership of the problem" - no excuses, plenty of apologies and above all "this is how we're going to sort it out".

bertie bassett, it's very true, SD are not cheap. But even with under-occupancy we felt we got excellent value for money. We didn't have to lift a finger all week (except for getting out onto the slopes) and the attention was excellent and detailed without being at all over the top. At least twice the service you'd get from a hotel (and not impersonal like a hotel) for significantly less money.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy