Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynafit Khion boot recall

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://backcountrymagazine.com/stories/dynafit-recalls-khion-ski-boot-replacement-full-refund-offered/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The recall is only for boots supplied to North America & not for boots supplied to the UK/Yurp.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
From what I have read on other forums (Shocked shocking I know), it appears that the majority of the first production run went to North America (I assume for longer shipping reasons), and it was this first run that had a problem with the lean lock / walk mode. This tied into the more litigious society lead to the full recall. The issue has also been reported in Europe, but those boots would be warranty issues. The lean lock / walk mode issue could lead to the boot effectively switching from ski to walk mode when under extreme flex, such as a big landing. It also appears to effect the larger sizes more than the small ones.

There have also been many reports of the Khion being very difficult to get on (related to the BOA liner), to the extent that some shops returned all their stock to Dynafit. The official recommendation to take the liner out of the boot every time, put it on, tighten the BOA, then step into the shell. It sounds like something that should have been highlighted early in the testing process, and corrected before release.

The replacement Beast boot (reviewed on EarnYourTurns below) appears to have many changes, with strengthened pivots, new materials, new liner (without the BOA) and a power strap. It also has the new Master Step inserts, which apparently remove the need to attach the Beast binding heel piece.

http://www.earnyourturns.com/33666/first-look-khion-becomes-a-beast/#more-33666
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy