Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Piste de L'Ours 4 Valles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My gnomes in Les Collons tell me that the old 4 seat gondola has been removed including the lift stations.

Televeysonnaz say the new 10 seat lift will be in place for this winter . Do any Snowheads on the ground know about the link to Sion.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Gilberts Fridge, There is still a lot of talk about the Sion link but as far as I know its still a bit undecided, it would be great if it did happen. Good about the Piste de l'Ours, no more head whacking as you get on those old rickety things. It is very much like a building site atm, but things seem to be moving fast.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Swissie, It would be nice to have the link to Sion,but I would prefer the two long drags at Grepon Blanc to be replaced with a chair.

Do you know if they are moving the top station of the gondela or will it stay in the original spot. It is still a great upgrade for the area though
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Gilberts Fridge, I agree, those drags are a pain. I couldn't tell if the top station is being moved as it was just flattened ground, I am in the UK atm but going back Tuesday so I'll have a look. I'd like to get whatever they use to knock down the station to knock down the b****y eyesores below us, on the piste down to Veysonnaz, which have been semi built and left for over 4 years Mad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
walking past the top site last week it looks to be the same place really
They re also putting new wipes in all the way down the piste - i guess for better snowmaking
the mid station will still be needed as they have to open to there when area first opens
Agreed re Greppon buttons but at leat the "difficulty" keeps the midsection quiet
they are still debating a Sion link - confess to hoping it doesn't happen!!
was weird to see snow still present on lots of peaks in August but will be gone soon
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@AJD,
Quote:

they are still debating a Sion link - confess to hoping it doesn't happen!!

Just out of interest why is that? They are moving the pylons a few metres from the originals, during the re-build so that it can connect to the proposed Sion link if it goes ahead.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thought about this the other day and found a thread on Remontees Mecaniques

http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25936

Construction looks to be going forward at a pace.

@Swissie, The other problem with those eysores is they have narrowed the piste at the bottom, which was always not that snow sure later in the season.

I always felt that the Combyre T bar was great for that run at the end of the season but I have never seen it run in over 10years. In fact I do not think it is on the current piste map. It would also be a good lift to upgrade to a 4 man chair.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Gilberts Fridge, Yes you're right. The taller of the 'eyesores' was supposed to be taken down in June, but then the summer season came along, so maybe October time. Mind you if I had a franc for all the various stories about whats to become of them I'd be a millionaire. I don't think that T bar will ever run, but I am told they want take them down as they'd never be able to reinstate it.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Works going at speed, more pics from http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25936 at the bottom of page one. The picture P6, looks as if it is going down to Sion but I think it must be a trick of the camera.

Also note that Tele Nendaz and Tele Veysonnaz have merged which if this then merges with Tele Verbier and Thyon can only be a good thing for the 4V

Finally the newly merged NVRM have announced upgrades to the snowmaking, http://www.nvrm.ch/page_en.html not sure if this is the Plan du Fou back to Nendaz or not.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Gilberts Fridge, My reading of it is that P6 is just below the mid station at the start of the final pitch.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@rjs, I thought it could be a trick of the camera, the new lift is very welcome and combined with the existing Veysonazz lift makes that side of the mountain a great option.

Thyon are talking about replacing some of the T bars with chairs over the next few years, however I still think there is a place for them. There are a couple of strategic surface lifts that do need replacing in the Printze area though.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Had a walk that way yesterday with the hound. It has been moved quite a way over from the original, so if you look up the piste it is now on the left hand side, the pylons are obviously larger and fewer between. My guess for the repositioning it is so it would be an easier link down to Sion which isn't being done at present.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It all still looks a bit brut but the cable is on and turning
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy