Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing on piste, Zauchensee, Austria in mid June and other summer madness

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After heading out to Austria for a couple of months during the summer with the intention of mountian biking, climbing and fishing I was prepared to while away the time until the coming ski season. However, on cycling up to the Gamskogelhütte I noticed that there was an almost continuous line of snow from just below the top of the red gondola down the World Cup red piste.

So... a cunning plan was hatched. We would drive to the main arena, hike up to the Gamskogel mid station and then tour the rest before skiing back down. The 10th of June was set for the expedition.

Setting out.

Kooky junior looked like a proper tinker loaded up with two pairs of boots.

There were some steep grassy sections following the WC run.

Our piste awaits.

When gaps appear always be sure that you bring your reliable snow monkey.

At the top.

Stunning views of the Dachsteins.

Stunning views of cold beers after creating an improvised snow can cooler.

Which were then swiftly consumed along with lunch.

See Zauchensee, Ski Zauchensee.

Kooky ready for the descent.

The ski down was surprisingly fun on good snow.

It did get a touch thin between the large snowfields but Lawrence's shovel work had not all melted and my one footed skiing drills certainly paid off.

Lawrence was keen to hit the large pond that had formed at the bottem, you could get quite a run at it. I bet he wished he wasn't on skinny touring skis though.

First we tried the shorter crossing.

I had never attempted to waterski before, my fatter Nordica's created quite a bow wave.

Then the full length.

A double crossing. Lawrence was doing spins off the big bump at the end, I was happy to just catch some air.

And today, the 14th of July, the first snows of winter arrived Smile

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 15-07-16 6:47; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowHead Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Awesome. Kind of feeling jealous.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nutjob wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good to see your sortastepson is just as mental as you both.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I can't even begin to keep up with the mental antics of a 20 year old ex racer and ski instructor Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Superb
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That really was just one of the best days last season, just goes to prove theres no such thing as bad snow....just not enough time to ski it Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Brilliant! I've missed so much good ski stuff over the summer! You prove it never really stops!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Top notch
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great stuff Scarpa Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Scarpa, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy