Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
stanton wrote:
5 Year Graph Pound/Euro Tells a Story & the Reality of Brexit

British pound went from 1.42 euros to 1.08 euros in 1 year since Referendum

That is 31 % loss n value

thats a 5 year graph with no markings to show where the years are?

Its not Brexit thats screwed the economy its the fools that voted for Corbyn and stupid May for calling an election in the first place which have created the uncertanty.

You keep going on about Swiss prices, can we also expect to look forward to Swiss wages?

The EU and the Euro is doomed and the sooner we're out of it the better, just got to suck up the little blip on the way and we can look back and laugh while we read the 'will our skiing holidays be cheaper this year' thread in 5 years time Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/brexit-led-pound-drop-tests-how-indifferent-carney-can-be/ar-AAqYbA7?ocid=spartandhp&fullscreen=true#image=1

If there were any real concerns regarding the Pound/Euro parity all the BoE would do is raise the Base Rate. That in itself is an inflationary move which would defeat the bank's target.

And what stanton cannot grasp is that ultimately those elements of a ski holiday paid for in Euros will suffer. Accommodations, meals and food, drink, shopping. In fact anything paid for in resort that is a secondary purchase will suffer. In the end the 900,000 UK skiers will simply change (the amount of...) what they spend in a resort, or just how much they have available to spend in a resort.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@medlington, It is pretty easy to divide up & read . You can clearly see last years June Referendum Carnage.

Dated Aug 22nd 1825 Day History = 5 years.

Swiss Salaries would make the UK completely Un-competitive. the UK economy would collapse.

The Euro will only get stronger the longer the Brexit & Transition talks go on this could be 2-5years or longer.

Of Course if there is a change of mind wit the British Public & Brexit is cancelled the Pound will surge back up overnight.

That is only your best hope right now.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
5tanton wrote:
And what stanton cannot grasp is that ultimately those elements of a ski holiday paid for in Euros will suffer. Accommodations, meals and food, drink, shopping. In fact anything paid for in resort that is a secondary purchase will suffer. In the end the 900,000 UK skiers will simply change (the amount of...) what they spend in a resort, or just how much they have available to spend in a resort.

I do not care what Brits do except I only know they do not Tip, so its no loss to ski bums

I also do not care if Ski Resorts suffer losses.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stanton, You really are a complete waste of oxygen.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stanton wrote:
5tanton wrote:

I do not care what Brits do except I only know they do not Tip, so its no loss to ski bums

You care a lot to post lots of BS and insults. You gave nothing to do and are a pity person.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton wrote:
.. Of Course if there is a change of mind wit the British Public & Brexit is cancelled the Pound will surge back up overnight. ... That is only your best hope right now.

I doubt it would go back where it was: much of the damage isn't really fixable, which is why many of us exited Sterling.

So no matter, really, it's just a little sad for the "none elite" people, who wondered if a "protest" vote would improve their lot. It won't.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton wrote:
[

And that wonderful attitude is exactly why you are so loved on these boards.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stanton wrote:
I only know they do not Tip

Spoken like a true cabbie Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton wrote:
5tanton wrote:

It is that very expectation, which causes the loss of tips. By expecting that Brits will not tip, means that the service they are given is poor. This results in no tip. It is a vicious cycle, which can only be broken by changing your attitude.

You cannot get a tip, if the service is bad. (from Brits at least, although you can add it in to the bill)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton wrote:

You only tip to when you get good service, you're obviously too thick to learn from that. I wouldn't tip you if you showed the same attitude to clients as you do on here.

stanton wrote:

You're a real charmer.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Bigtipper, They whinge a lot as well

Tipping Brits.....its the same story sesson after season from ski bums & locals.

After work chatter. Did you get one?it could not of been a Brit must of been an American
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
martinm wrote:
stanton wrote:
I only know they do not Tip

Spoken like a true cabbie Smile

No problems with cabbies, Stantrol however is a ... (insert as you like)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Im betting less than Parity.

Why? On the chaotic UK brexit teams performance & on positive results of the upcoming German election boosting EU/Euro confidence.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/08/30/pound-heading-parity-euro/

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 31-08-17 6:25; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
IMO. If only the Govt would put forward the same Interim Plan as Labour has just done...ie. keep things as they they are until a proper deal can be done....the Pound would instantly rise to maybe 1.20.

Trouble is, Politics keeps getting in the way.
latest report
@Old Fartbag, I feel that's right. Blind stupidly driving pound down.
latest report
Same old tactic British Government in trouble does not know what to do so to divert attention it starts to engage in a War on the other side of world.

The Americans can handle this all by themselves but somehow the British seem to want to tag along/get involved (even though most of the British Public detest Trump) when the can least afford it & they have huge domestics issues.

Any war in Korea will sink Sterling probably for years .

Stick this Chinese Newspaper Article into a Translator to see what they really think of a British involvement...

http://opinion.huanqiu.com/editorial/2017-08/11197756.html
ski holidays
......Any war in Korea will sink Sterling probably for years ......

And Guam for that matter!!!

Stanton ....you're such an ambassador for the Swiss. Toofy Grin
snow report
Old Fartbag wrote:
......keep things as they they are until a proper deal can be done....the Pound would instantly rise to maybe 1.20....

Sadly Theresa has put Boris on the job!
The current Brexit team is run by Mrs May.
For some reason she believes Britain has a strong hand.
It's not looking good so far. Puzzled

Quote from MSN News ..... "... Lib Dem leader, Vince Cable, ridiculed her (May's) approach, saying it amounted to a “cut and paste Brexit”. He said: “Brexiteers promised a new dawn of improved trade deals across the world. But rather than jet-setting round the globe, Liam Fox might as well be left in a room with a photocopier.”
This comes at a time Theresa says she's no "quitter", echoing Thatcher's "on and on" rant that heralded her demise.
snow conditions
Re tipping in France.

They do not expect it, maybe rounded up to the next Euro. However, having spoken to a number of waiters in France they accept the tips from Brits as they know it would cause offence to turn one down. As one guy (I regard as a mate) he said if a French guy gave me that much of a tip I would think he was trying to buy me for later Shocked

Pretty much the same in Spain.

Economies work in many and various ways, which is why travel broadens the mind (in most people).

As for the Brits trying to engage in a war to divert attention, that's just ridiculous. The International community has to stand out against this fool in N Korea, otherwise there may well be a disastrous war and none of us will be going skiing. Be nice to see the EU taking more of a stand, but as we have learnt over the last year they are really useless.
latest report
@chocksaway, You get involved if you want to ..come back broke.
snow report
@stanton, that right , let other fight the bad guys. you just sit there & let others stand up for you.
snow conditions
Jonny996 wrote:
@stanton, that right , let other fight the bad guys. you just sit there & let others stand up for you.

Im totally against their regine & system but they are no threat if you leave them alone.

The Americans are provoking them with their maneuvers just off there coast. The Russian & Chinese are right on this one.

Let the Americans deal with , why get involved.
snow report
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-41097401

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2017/0901/901451-warning-that-sterling-could-see-further-weakness/
snow conditions
@stanton, What's your take on the £100 Billion "Divorce Bill" for the UK now demanded by the EU negotiators?

That represents 12.5 years current Net Contributions.
Surrendering UK Law governing EU citizens living in the UK.
And allowing 3.3 million EU citizens access to UK Benefit system.

That is a rather obvious pi55 take! Twisted Evil
snow report
I'm not sure why Stanton is getting quite so flamed in this thread.

If you look at the GBP/EUR rate before the Brexit vote and today, his point of "Brexit will make skiing more expensive", seems to be reasonable and difficult to argue in that the cause for the GBP's devaluation in this period could be reasonably attributed to Brexit. Similarly the cause of fluctuations between the two currencies outside this period could be reasonably attributed to other reasons, e.g. Grexit.

It seems that both sides, anti-Stanton and Stanton have chosen to turn the OP into a Brexit/Remain discussion, which I'd guess is where the flame wars come from.

/Puts tin hat on.
snow conditions
Quote:

If you look at the GBP/EUR rate before the Brexit vote and today, his point of "Brexit will make skiing more expensive", seems to be reasonable and difficult to argue in that the cause for the GBP's devaluation in this period could be reasonably attributed to Brexit. Similarly the cause of fluctuations between the two currencies outside this period could be reasonably attributed to other reasons, e.g. Grexit.

It seems that both sides, anti-Stanton and Stanton have chosen to turn the OP into a Brexit/Remain discussion, which I'd guess is where the flame wars come from.

/Puts tin hat on.

+1. Can't we all just get along? Little Angel
ski holidays
@skimastaaah, I doubt its 100Bn.

I believe the UK is two years behind in payments so add another 2 years = 4years that must be about 40-50Bn + all the commitments Projects you have already signed up for.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@skimastaaah, 3.3 Millions EU citizens are not claiming benefits.
Maybe a few but probably in work. I doubt its anymore the the general UK public.

There are probably more UK Pensioners in Spain & France claiming their benefits than EU migrants in the UK who are young fit & of working age.
snow conditions
ski holidays
stanton wrote:

There are probably more UK Pensioners in Spain & France claiming their benefits than EU migrants in the UK who are young fit & of working age.

I posted a link that shows the number of UK "Retirees" living independently off their own personal pensions and their UK Pension Allowance. This group are no burden whatsoever on the Benefit system in their chosen EU country. Furthermore, their Medical Care bill is still (currently, a staggering £550 Million) being met by UK Government contributions (I posted another link for this set of stats too), yet only 5% of this huge sum is currently reciprocated by the 3.3 million EU citizens residing in the UK.

I doubt I'm the only Snowhead who thinks that the EU are demented in expecting the UK to fork out £100 Billion as part of the divorce-deal. The UK might as well stay in the EU for the next 12 years and then have another Referendum. Parity or not!
snow report
stanton wrote:
@skimastaaah, I doubt its 100Bn.

I believe the UK is two years behind in payments so add another 2 years = 4years that must be about 40-50Bn + all the commitments Projects you have already signed up for.

Quote... "Brussels is already demanding a bumper Brexit bill payout from the Britain, expected to be up to £90 billion, which it says is required to cover budget commitments the UK has already signed up to." .... unquote.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/848346/Brexit-news-EU-UK-Britain-separate-divorce-bill-budget-contributions

I added 10% for Sterling devaluation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow conditions
snoozeboy wrote:

Stanton contests that skiing will be more expensive in the coming season based on the slide of Sterling against the Euro.

Whilst there is no doubt whatsoever that elements of a ski holiday will be considerably more expensive, this does not in real terms mean that the total cost per se of ski holidays will be more expensive.

I would consider that the average UK skiing family/couple will inevitably change components of their ski holidays to accommodate less spending power due to exchange rates.

Stanton is just d1ck waving! That's why he's getting flamed, and rightly so!
snow report
I think Stanton makes some very good points and there is no denying the message in the thread title.
snow report
skimastaaah wrote:
snoozeboy wrote:

Whilst there is no doubt whatsoever that elements of a ski holiday will be considerably more expensive, this does not in real terms mean that the total cost per se of ski holidays will be more expensive.

I would consider that the average UK skiing family/couple will inevitably change components of their ski holidays to accommodate less spending power due to exchange rates.

Stanton is just d1ck waving! That's why he's getting flamed, and rightly so!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, you're saying Stanton is wrong because british skiers will downgrade their ski holiday such that the overall cost doesn't increase? If I've understood you correctly, in real terms you are agreeing with Stanton, as the same skiing holiday will become more expensive.

Exactly what "elements of a skiing holiday" will not become more expensive? I'm really struggling to think of any costs which will not rise either because of sterling devaluation or inflation within Britain. This is a genuine question, as I do not wish to enter into a Brexit debate on a ski forum.
snow report
Visiting Europe to do anything is more expensive as a result of Brexit. This is incontestable. The flaming of Stanton is silly and, in many cases, bandwagon jumping.
snow conditions
@snoozeboy, As I've already pointed out Mrs Skimastaaah will be drinking Chateau d'Yquem rather than a good Petrus. I much prefer Sauternes anyway.

UK skiers will not "downgrade" their ski holidays as such, they will merely look at being more cost effective. In resort costs particularly.
snow report
We are considering the 5 course menu at Eddy's, instead of the 7 course menu.
snow report
skimastaaah wrote:
snoozeboy wrote:

You could be a Tory Brexit negotiator with that logic Laughing
latest report
Point is, if Stanton says " skiing will be more expensive" [for all you dumbo Brits - his usual opening gambit], and everyone else replies "yes, we agree" , then thread's done and dusted in 2 posts.

Which come to think of it...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy