Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
halfhand wrote:
Quote:

Ischgl,Solden,St Anton etc on the hill & apres ski you can expect to pay €6-8 per 1/2litre Beer (regular draft).

Ischgl this year I was paying around 3.5 euro per half litre and 5 euro at apres. So not only has the pound dropped but the resorts have put up their prices? Rip-off merchants wink

Yeah - same but in Saalbach and Zell am See.

Have they hiked up the beer prices to spite the Brits?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Last year many places in the Amade region made their first beer price increase for some years. A large beer went up by 30 cents Shocked Most I have ever paid is €4.20
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pierre et Vacances offering up to 35% discount on some self-catering deals if you book before 2nd Nov. Hang on a minute, I thought prices were meant to be going up not down? This isn't right, Wilson get back in there and sell sell sell, open up that market again, turn those machines back on!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-37620331
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fuel cost costs on the rise. Holiday prices going up. Imports costing 25% more. Just three things that will fuel inflation and probably lead to higher interest rates. Which in turn will push us mortgage costs and hit house prices. But lets not worry all about that. At least all those awful Johnny Foreigners will be kept out of the UK. rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Gaza wrote:
hit house prices.

Music to the ears of most people under 40.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@davidof, Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There is also this: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-hard-brexit-uk-economy-66bn-cost-leaving-eu-a7354996.html
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@davidof, that might be true but in times of falling house prices consumer confidence falls which is likely to plunge us in to recession.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I can see the Budget Ski Countris benefitting

Bulgaria,Romania, Turkey, Poland Czech Andorra etc

Ironic ..
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Gaza,

This is Cost of Ski Hols/Vacation thread.

We all know Brexit = Recesion, Inflation & Uncertainty
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Like I've alluded to before - check out the exchange rate in March 2013 it was marginally worse than now !

But hey this is an Internet Forum and what notice to people take when it conflicts with the hype they are trying to promote rolling eyes

But as someone with a French Bank Account and property (unlike many on this thread) times are indeed not so good as five months ago, especially when having to cough up for the annual equivalent of Council Tax now.

So it might be costing you a couple of hundred extra squids for your two weeks, but that's the ups and downs of currency fluctuations!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Weathercam wrote:
Like I've alluded to before - check out the exchange rate in March 2013 it was marginally worse than now !

But hey this is an Internet Forum and what notice to people take when it conflicts with the hype they are trying to promote rolling eyes

But as someone with a French Bank Account and property (unlike many on this thread) times are indeed not so good as five months ago, especially when having to cough up for the annual equivalent of Council Tax now.

So it might be costing you a couple of hundred extra squids for your two weeks, but that's the ups and downs of currency fluctuations!

Are you sure?

The rate is currently 1 Euro = 0.913 (1.095)
March 2013, I don't think it went above 0.873 (1.145)
You have to go back to 2009 to see a weaker pound.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 11-10-16 23:00; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gaza wrote:
@davidof, that might be true but in times of falling house prices consumer confidence falls which is likely to plunge us in to recession.

And increased interest rates and deposits,
Banks hate lending against falling house prices. Luckily exchange rates will allow lots of foreigners to buy houses cheap, oh the irony.

More likely London than Sunderland so the poverty trap gets worse. Buy your plastic flags while you can still afford them.

Referendums, dangerous things.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=EUR&view=10Y

For all those really wanting to see the last 10 years Toofy Grin
snow report
Oh well, it's a long time since I have been to the Winking Owl - the food seems to be a bit posher than it was in the 80s snowHead
snow report
I wonder at which point we are at right now...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2941425#2941425
ski holidays
At the Eurostar heading out of uk just now I had a peek at the rates. 0.983 at the cash machine and 0.798 when commission is taken into consideration for gbp 100
ski holidays
Scotland wins? Would that the snow were more predictable there - and access to the slopes open when the snow does actually fall. To be fair, it is an awfully long time since I skied there - maybe they're better at clearing the roads these days.
snow report
Some great skiing to be had. watch the weather, pick a couple of days and drive up. Head west, glencoe or the Nevis range. Try to avoid the weekends, or head up Thursday night, to get a Friday in. It can get very busy at weekends.
ski holidays
I'm loading a bit on my currency card whenever the rate goes above €1.08. Also just trying to get a mortgage sorted over the channel, I really have picked the wrong time to cash in my UK savings rolling eyes
ski holidays
Ouch. rolling eyes

I did the same but decided to take as much mortgage in EUR as possible. Save the pounds
snow report
achilles wrote:
Oh well, it's a long time since I have been to the Winking Owl - the food seems to be a bit posher than it was in the 80s snowHead

And I'm happy to report that the flambéed haggis at the Skiing Doo is as good as ever! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, I was wondering about the Skiing Doo. Went there with a party of students back in the 80s. Stood up in the bar and looked around - I was the oldest one there. I wonder if I'd be considered a fossil now. Great week though. If conditions are right there's fun on the snow to be had. Just watch out for the tops of the snow fences!
snow report
Higher interest rates
Lower house prices
Depreciating currency
All the major economies of the world have been trying to achieve this for years, and the U.K gets to do it for free! Dream scenario!
ski holidays
@Frank Spencer, Happy Happy
ski holidays
Indeed, I'm sure Texit advocates will be looking at our newly prosperous economic position for inspiration once they lose the legal argument... Laughing

http://www.alternet.org/culture/why-texas-cant-pull-texit
http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/news/a46143/why-brexit-bad-for-britain/
ski holidays
FOLKS

This Thread is about Increase costs/prices this season & next.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Easyjet from Gatwick to Geneva Sat 04/02/17 for a week, still £65. No price rises there. Erna Low offering 35% discounts on self-catering apartments in La Daille. Price falls there. Neilson and Crystal keep offering deals with 25% off. Er...
ski holidays
My ski vacation price went down Smile £30 lower in addition to whatever the exchange rate did to help.

And I got an €80 discount on my new bike frame, thanks to the UK mfr not hiking prices on stuff that's already in stock from Taiwan (but will hike the next batch), and the German dealer passing on the Brexshit exchange rate savings. Doing my bit to help.

Not been to the doo bar for a while. Really ought to go back there. Hmmm have some vacation to use up next month...
latest report
And I'm going to Vienna next month and the price has dropped today from yesterday!
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
FOLKS

I bought 3 cakes and 3 coffees today for £22.00 felt like the Alps.
snow conditions
Frank Spencer wrote:
And I'm going to Vienna next month and the price has dropped today from yesterday!

Nobody can afford to go.
ski holidays
Norrin Radd wrote:
stanton wrote:
FOLKS

I bought 3 cakes and 3 coffees today for £22.00 felt like the Alps.

Wherein the alps (OK maybe Italy) ? That's way to cheap!
snow report
Frank Spencer wrote:
Easyjet from Gatwick to Geneva Sat 04/02/17 for a week, still £65. No price rises there. Erna Low offering 35% discounts on self-catering apartments in La Daille. Price falls there. Neilson and Crystal keep offering deals with 25% off. Er...

Make the most of it while it lasts.

Oil Price is rising

Oil is paid in $US

£ v $ is not to good.
latest report
Oil price falling, OPEC can't agree. And everyone's hedged anyway.
snow report
Sadly, there's not much stopping the £ sliding a lot further. Anyone who thinks it's bottomed out just because its getting closer and closer to parity with the Euro, needs to think again.

As someone said today "its fallen off a cliff only to land on top of another cliff that it's about to fall off again"
ski holidays
@Pruman, +1

Dreading costs come Feb...
latest report
@Frank Spencer, Really?

latest report
Remind me what the price was in 2008? or 2012? Can't remember exactly. Or the mid 90s? Can you show us a monthly continuation chart from the mid-90s onwards please, just for some perspective.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy