Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
£ midmarket rate 1.18 Euros, the highest rate it's been in over a year: https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=EUR&view=1Y
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ssshhh.....don't tell Stanton, he may get upset! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I hate to say it but this year he is finally right. I spent nothing last season so this season is definitely going to be more expensive.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Timc wrote:
I hate to say it but this year he is finally right. I spent nothing last season so this season is definitely going to be more expensive.

Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Timc, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
This season is already more expensive seeing Jnr needs new boots, and I've bought a new board! WOE, WOE IS POOR RICHARD_SIDEWAYS!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Richard_Sideways, I'm at the point of thinking of buying my twin daughters boots. They're 16 and not growing anymore. My son though. He's got no chance. I had to buy him 3, yes THREE sets of football boots last season. He went from an 8 to an 11 in one season Shocked

I'm already looking at a full new set of salopettes, jacket and gloves to replace the brand new ones he had in 2020.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My eldest is going out to Kaprun next week to do an Anwarter course, then looking to work for the winter in Austria. Next season is already the most expensive season ever LOL
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Timmycb5, what are you feeding that lad!?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Timmycb5, Keep an eye on Aldi and Lidl in the next couple of months. They have some pretty good skiwear at reasonable prices. Not worth spending a lot if he's only going to get 1 season or less out of it.

Only drawback is, they tend to have very limited Gents (In fact, none last year rolling eyes ), which tends to sell out fast. Plenty of choice for Ladies and younger kids though.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Layne, It's probably easier to list what he isn't eating at any one point in time.

@brianatab, will do. I was planning on grabbing stuff from Decathlon, which I've always found good quality for the price, but will check them out too.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Timmycb5,

Checkout Planet X Bikes they have thermal tops on offer for £5. I have a few and use them for both cycling and skiing.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have 4 trips booked up for the next 12 months. So obviously more expensive than the previous 12 months where I took no trips.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well, technically, 2 of my bashes + flights were paid for last year, and carried forward. Monies for the lift pass were already in Bank of @Admin.

Added the Psb this year, but that's less than the other 2.

Taking into account some new boots, and maybe a new jacket, this season could actually be costing less than last year. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Timmycb5 wrote:
@Richard_Sideways, I'm at the point of thinking of buying my twin daughters boots. They're 16 and not growing anymore. My son though. He's got no chance. I had to buy him 3, yes THREE sets of football boots last season. He went from an 8 to an 11 in one season Shocked

I'm already looking at a full new set of salopettes, jacket and gloves to replace the brand new ones he had in 2020.

Don’t bank on your girls’ feet not growing anymore. I was a size 5 at age 16 and I’m a 6.5 now.
snow report
Sterling at €1.19, a 21 month high.
snow report
@telford_mike, saw that this evening. intending to add a bit to my Revolut account in the morning.

Not sure why it shot up so quickly, but perfect timing for the first bash of the season. Toofy Grin

Only question is how high it's going and when to press the button...........
ski holidays
@brianatab, it will go higher I think. U.K. inflation stats are driving Sterling up.
snow report
I saved about £15 just from booking my Canadian trip (independently) today instead of yesterday.
ski holidays
telford_mike wrote:
@brianatab, it will go higher I think. U.K. inflation stats are driving Sterling up.

Inflation is high everywhere though. USA 6%+ Germany & India around 4.5%, spain 5.5%, Ireland 5%, Poland 7%, etc.
snow report
telford_mike wrote:

I’ve never been much good at economics, but wouldn’t high inflation in uk result in stronger Sterling?

I.e. if the £ is less valuable with respect to buying goods then it should also buy less Euro.

Or have I got this back to front?
snow report
@kerb, It is more likely that the £ rises when expectations of interest rate rises are imminent in the UK and not in the Euroland. This is a direct result of inflation, but higher (overnight) interest rates are more likely in the UK than in Euroland.

Over the long term differences in inflation should affect the exchange rate by virtue of the PPP (or purchasing parity path).

It is short term effects being seen now due to differences in timing of interest rate rises (or expectations of such)

However, many currencies can be affected for other reasons than just monetary policy.
snow conditions
Bigtipper wrote:
@kerb, It is more likely that the £ rises when

Thanks Bigtipper, that actually makes sense!

But safe to say I’ll not be making any bets on forex!
snow conditions
well. whichever way it's going, I was pleased to buy some Euros at 1.19 today, just in time for the first bash of the season. Very Happy
ski holidays
Treated myself to a posh hols in Jan, booked only 2 weeks ago, Checked inghams website this morning and it is 200 pounds cheaper than what I paid, I feel like a total moron, Evil or Very Mad
snow report
The big tour operators use 'dynamic' pricing -- the price of your holiday could well go up by 250 next week...! (once I have booked a holiday I never look at the price again)
snow conditions
albob wrote:
The big tour operators use 'dynamic' pricing -- the price of your holiday could well go up by 250 next week...! (once I have booked a holiday I never look at the price again)
, totally agree Albion, I usually don’t check, I went to the website only to see if there were any specific updates on Austria, well defo is going to be expensive
ski holidays
well, who knew stanton would be right for a change (for this season anyway).

THIS season IS going to be more expensive for me than the last one, i have blown an edge of one of my skis yesterday, so they are now defunct. Took them to one of the hire shops close by to get an opinion to see if they could be repaired or not, but they are definitely fooked!!

have had about 8 weeks of skiing out of them, but changed the bindings a couple of trips ago as the original bindings that came with the skis became faulty. so will look about buying new skis soon and get the bindings changed over.

fortunately, i managed to hire a set of skis for my last couple of days for £20 using alpinresorts online and getting 50% off hire

i am well used to having to replace some form of equipment or another whilst away, either losing a pair of sunglasses or have had to replace a couple of sets of ski poles in the last few years, but replacing skis will put a dent on the old credit card.

i provisionally had a good deal with ski hire booked for feb half term anyway, just in case my skis went missing from our easyjet flight. so may just wait until the end of the season to see if there are any good deals going on skis, not that it will stop me window shopping for the next couple evenings whilst still here in Les Menuires
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just to say Forex is £1.00 = 1.19 Euro.
snow report
skimastaaah wrote:
Just to say Forex is £1.00 = 1.19 Euro.

What, not at parity yet?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
terrygasson wrote:
Took them to one of the hire shops close by to get an opinion to see if they could be repaired or not, but they are definitely fooked!!

I had that around 20 years ago in Alpe d'Huez. Bloke in the shop shook his head, looked very sad and said lugubriously "Il est mort."
ski holidays
@stanton,

End of another year and pound is at 1.19 today, getting closer to parity.
ski holidays
Yep. Worth taking the gamble of converting a few more £ for the coming season. Very Happy
snow report
@stewart woodward, Made me laugh !
How I loved those days telling @stanton he hadn’t a Scooby about FX and then a few days later he’ll post another piece of crap he’d dug out from the deep depths of the internet
ski holidays
Last season was a darn sight cheaper - how wrong can he be

Of course that’s as we didn’t go Laughing
snow report
Well this year is cheaper, as it's cost me nothing extra. Paid for it in Feb 2020 for '21. Carried forward now to '22.
snow report
So far 700% reduction on British Travellor to Austria...

Ski Hols are not Cheap (off limits) anymore sadly for the average Brit..

You have to blame your Government for that.

Exploitive Chalet Companys have Quit.

The Reality is It is Massively more Expensive.for the average Brit

Next season will be prohibitively even more off limits due to Hyper Inflation in the UK ..

You Folks need to wake up and smell the Koffee....

Russian week starts next week... will be good !
snow report
Happy New Year everyone!
latest report
stanton wrote:

Russian week starts next week... will be good !

I know you cater to high rollers so I guess you don't mind mopping up jizz from the back of your cab?

Plus, once they've dried out, you can smoke those cigar stubs and the taste will remind you of your mother.
latest report
stanton wrote:
So far 700% reduction on British Travellor to Austria..!

So not just zero British Skiers but 6 negative or antimatter British skiers for every British skier last season?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy