Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
stanton wrote:
Direct Link to Sterling Performance ………...

Sterling Exchange Rate 16th October 2019

£1 = 1.16 Euro

£1 = $1.29

Looks like skiing is going to be cheaper than the 2015/16 season. Shocked
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@stanton, Do you not understand Satire? I suppose not, as you're not British. Toofy Grin Its one of the things that a lot of Europeans don't get about the British.
A bit like the German prison guards not understanding Cryptic crosswords as a way of sending messages to POW's.

The mash report is not the same as BBC or ITV news.
Anyway, that was written before this weeks gains.

We still have the difficult descision of when to buy our Euros. Do we buy now, or wait to see if the rate keeps improving?

A deal in any form could prompt another surge, unless of course those idiots in Westminster decide to reject it, thinking another extension will achieve anything different Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@stanton, By the way, apart from 1 day in April this year, when it closed at 1.17, it is currently at its highest since April 2017 Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
€1.185 close
Could break€1.19 today & back in the 1.20s after the election
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mr.Egg, that might depend on the result. Another minority government could knock it back a couple of points, or crash it if Corbyn wins.
still have decision of how long to wait before buying euros for best deal
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hung UK Parliament down it goes

British investors are buying a record amount of Australian gold amid fears Brexit and other global geopolitical tensions will destabilise the pound and the English economy.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/brits-in-aussie-gold-rush-in-case-all-hell-breaks-loose-20191206-p53hiz.html
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@stanton, PARITY????
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton wrote:
Hung UK Parliament down it goes

British investors are buying a record amount of Australian gold amid fears Brexit and other global geopolitical tensions will destabilise the pound and the English economy.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/brits-in-aussie-gold-rush-in-case-all-hell-breaks-loose-20191206-p53hiz.html

That is more than likely something to do with the royal mint launching an easy way investors to buy into gold tracker fund.
Lots of people looking for investment since interest rates are a load of poo-poo.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/price-ratio/gold-silver-ratio-chart/

The gold/silver ratio is reaching record highs again. This is usually an indicator that gold is very expensive, or silver is very cheap. With the prospects of a worldwide recession (or depression) looming, my money is on silver is cheap.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just nudged 1.1850 to the £.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dont forget your skiing holidays are getting cheaper by the day.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Whatever happened to this thread? Bye bye Mr Javid and it's over 1.20!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Klamm Franzer, I suspected the £ would strengthen against the € so I'm glad I haven't bought my latest wad of € yet.
I need to see how it is doing against the CAD as I'm off to Canada in a couple of weeks.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
£ to CAD is looking good. It was the highest on Jan 31st but is not far off now. Happy (skiing) days.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What happened to parity Puzzled rolling eyes
snow conditions
Looks like it will be a bargain this half term.
My Chufs are getting 0.94 EUR now Smile
latest report
Just thought I'd sink to the lows of Stanton's tabloid journalism snowHead
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1241752/euro-to-pound-exchange-rate-dollar-GBP-Sterling-brexit-coronavirus/amp
snow report
The UK's only hope of Sterling staying where it is now oe a bit stronger is if Boris Jonhson asks for a Transistiin Xtn in July....

Failing that Sterling will dive as its been made very clear there is no chance of concluding a new EU Trade Deal by Dec 31st 2020..

That will only mean a Very Hard Brexit (No Deal)
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/oMgnq3qhrMU
snow report
"Brexit could be bad for sterling, economist says...." Who knew...!?!? Toofy Grin
snow report
Imagine that a French minister engaging in some anti Brit rhetoric on the day Macron's pension reforms ate heading through the next stage.

He really out to chat with some business owners in the Tarentaise to get a view on what the real French think, as opposed to the Parisian metropolitan elite.
ski holidays
Am I the only one baffled by the supposed target audience of the cloggy troll?

I'm guessing from my own reaction, which as a committed europhile is to seriously consider that maybe brexiting from such tripe & bile wasn't such a bad idea after all, he is trying to bring snowheads together. After all, with a common enemy, then irrespective of your starting point we can all agree on that point.

Bless you Stanton for making such a sterling effort on our behalf.
snow conditions
@chocksaway, The guy in the video is Moritz Kraemer

Moritz Kraemer is the chief economic adviser of Acreditus, a Dubai-based financial advisory firm, and a former chief global ratings officer for sovereigns at S&P Global.
ski holidays
I was just reading the headline below his face. I generally don't click on your links in.public.
snow conditions
@Arctic Roll, the cloggie troll is clearly a complete idiot and best ignored. The worst thing you can do is react to him - he seems to like that.
snow report
The EU has a few issues looming.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/16/stressed-heads-to-start-brussels-budget-talks-post-brexit?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium=&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1581841235
snow report
Sterling Post Brexit Honeymoon seems to be over

Their failure to formalise a position could delay trade negotiations starting, pressurising an already very tight timeline and increasing the risk of the UK leaving the EU on World Trade Organisation rules. This would be a significant step down from where the UK’s current arrangement and is therefore dragging on the pound.

https://currencylive.com/news/102438-gbp-eur-pound-slips-through-e1-20-on-brexit-fears/
latest report
@stanton,

I am more interested in £ v $ Canadian. The EU obviously don't want our custom so I will go some where different.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton wrote:
Sterling Post Brexit Honeymoon seems to be over

Their failure to formalise a position could delay trade negotiations starting, pressurising an already very tight timeline and increasing the risk of the UK leaving the EU on World Trade Organisation rules. This would be a significant step down from where the UK’s current arrangement and is therefore dragging on the pound.

https://currencylive.com/news/102438-gbp-eur-pound-slips-through-e1-20-on-brexit-fears/

Ooòoh the pound dropped by 0.13% today, the Dutch stock market fell by 1.13%. Yet again the sage of St Anton proves he is a clown!
snow conditions
Downside pressure just continues to pile onto the Pound over the past week or so. Following all of last week’s fresh concerns over Brexit and Britain’s economic outlook.

https://www.futurecurrencyforecast.com/4-month-worst-for-pound-to-euro-exchange-rate-as-bank-of-england-rate-cut-bets-hit-outlook-47376
ski holidays
Stantroll, you said the £ would reach parity with the Euro, when exactly is that going to happen? Are you now just counting in Leap years?
snow report
The stock market has gone down a bit due to investors bring cautious over the uncertainty of the Coronavirus outbreak and the £ often goes down a bit too in times of uncertainty, so that is probably why.
snow conditions
@stanton, Yikes ……………. that's why the Euro is 5% down on Sterling. Looks like the FM's reckon Euroland is going to take a bigger CV-19 hit that the UK.

Just you wait until May/June/July to see just how much the EU citizens are impacted by the pandemic. £50 says the exchange rate is nearer 1.20 EU to the Pound!
snow report
@VolklAttivaS5, Check out the ForEx for Euros.
ski holidays
Stanton is making lots of sense in here. £ -€ will be at parity at some point in early 2021 unless some kind of (good) trade deal is accomplished. Saddened to see certain posts which demonstrate disgusting utter English arrogance.
latest report
@Raptor23, @stanton, talks rubbish , he claims to be a currency expert he isn’t and has never been correct on any of his predictions. He pops his head up everytime there is any sterling weakness . If in the event it gets there the £ vs the € will bounce off 1.09/1.10 as it has countless times in the last three years . More likely it will trade between 1.10 and 1.20 until the trade talks reach conclusion . Even in event of no deal I’d expect weakness followed by a bounce as markets always like certainty rather uncertainty and the £ actually is quite cheap . I am English I could be considered arrogant but I do know my markets .
snow report
Agree to disagree, I’m buying euros at anything over 1.18 over the next 9 months. It’s only going one way post Jan 1st 2021 and risk will be priced in well before that. The “English” comment was directed at the ‘we need them more than they need us’ clown who suggested Canada would be where they would go moving forward.
ski holidays
@Raptor23, don't you mean 'they need us more than we need them?' reference the Canadian comment?
snow report
Yes!
ski holidays
[RATES CORRECTED 3.3.20] UBS latest analysis for investors - including factoring-in coronavirus - is the GBP:CHF (currently £1=CHF1.21) could go down to £1=CHF1.15 during negotiations, but that by the end of 2020 should hit £1=CHF1.29 and long-term would go to CHF1.35 They think that the £ is undervalued because of Brexit uncertainty and that detachment from the EU could have an upside because like the CHF it makes it a more liquid currency. Basically, the volatility range is £1= CHF 1.15 to 1.39 over the next 3 years.

I am not a currency trader and I have no idea whether this analysis has merit. But I have found that the UBS projection record has been quite good over the last five years. So if they are right, then for Brits looking to holiday in Switzerland, you might think that the issue won't be the exchange rate, but more whether home economic conditions encourage/discourage spending on an Alpine holiday.

Personally, I think that the coronavirus effects on the economy combined with higher cost of staple product imports as a result of Brexit, reduced tax income from EU migrant, and the need to bribe Red Wall constituencies with a range of public sector projects, will all combine to drive up the cost of living in the UK. And even for the middle-classes in good jobs, reduce the amount of money available to spend on Alpine holidays. So to answer the thread's title question - No. Next season won't be more expensive. But Brits will have less money to spend on a ski holiday and so fewer will go.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 3-03-20 13:08; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy