Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
stanton wrote:
Check out the price of a Big Mac (Only the Burger) that we have to pay in Switzerland.

Swiss Fatties Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 10-09-19 8:40; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You have a small mind @Rob Mackley,.. I live in Switzerland over 30yrs i know what is coming (prices)to the UK being detached from the EU..

Goodluck your need it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stanton wrote:
You have a small mind @Rob Mackley, i know what is coming

We're still waiting for £/Eur parity that you've known about for years Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stanton, food prices in CH are artificially high to protect local farmers. 30 years and you haven't realised. Porky Pies me thinks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@martinm, No Deal will bring Pariity and more likey below..
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Do the cows in St Anton give financial / exchange rate advice too? snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BergenBergen wrote:
@stanton, food prices in CH are artificially high to protect local farmers. 30 years and you haven't realised. Porky Pies me thinks

You called?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ECB announce stimulus package
Buying €20bn worth of bonds a month & cutting borrowing rates to -0.5%

Recession incoming for the Euro Zone.
So desperate for the £GBP to prop up the ailing currency.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Mr.Egg

The British Pound Boosted by ECB Decision but in reality it is Running on Fumes.

Which way it goes is entirely on what comes on Deal or No Deal ..

Any UK Government move towards a Hard Brexit the recent gains plus a lot more will be wiped out overnight ..
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton wrote:

Any UK Government move towards a Hard Brexit the recent gains plus a lot more will be wiped out overnight ..

Agreed, but the only losers are the Forex traders. In reality the UK skiers will benefit from spending less in the resorts.
Savvy UK ski families will drive out to French resorts, go SC, buy up there Duty Free en-route, and ultimately spend less in the resorts.
Skiing is not about a sliding exchange rate! More about what do you really want to buy when on a ski holiday.

For me its a toss up between Pepis Skihotel in STA, or Hotel Albona Nova in Zurs fror the Xmas ski jolly.
(That's a saving of £2k on the Hospitz Alm!)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/britons-seek-brexit-haven-in-gold-market-11568376003
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There is a slight whiff of a deal emerging , £ is confirming this
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can the £ get a whiff and confirm what winter will be like?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@GlasgowCyclops,
What do manufacture....

Whinging Meters?

Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops,
What do manufacture....

Whinging Meters?

Very Happy Very Happy

Another incomprehensible post from stanton.... rolling eyes

Edit: maybe he's trying to speak like Yoda. Toofy Grin

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 14-09-19 8:42; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
speaking throught the bottom of a glass?

or referring to the 'I like water meters' thread ? Wink
ski holidays
Stanton's 'Whinging Meter' is on 11 Very Happy
latest report
skimastaaah wrote:
... Agreed, but the only losers are the Forex traders. In reality the UK skiers will benefit ...
For me its a toss up between Pepis Skihotel in STA, or Hotel Albona Nova in Zurs fror the Xmas ski jolly.
(That's a saving of £2k on the Hospitz Alm!)
I don't think you've quite grasped how this currency stuff works.
I you think making things more expensive for the proud English people will make them spend less, then you could just donate 10% of all your spend to charity and achieve that saving today. Or donate all of it, ans spend nothing on ski holidays. And don't expect to pay for those "jollies" using SEPA.
ski holidays
philwig wrote:
I don't think you've quite grasped how this currency stuff works.
I you think making things more expensive for the proud English people will make them spend less, then you could just donate 10% of all your spend to charity and achieve that saving today. Or donate all of it, ans spend nothing on ski holidays. And don't expect to pay for those "jollies" using SEPA.

You miss my point.

It does not matter what the Sterling exchange rate is, the overall costs of my skiing will remain similar.

How I choose to spend my Sterling equivalent will ultimately mean that I have less "disposable" to play with after I pay for the necessaries like flights, transfers, hotel, food, lift-pass, and vodka.

As I've previously said, Mrs Skimastaaah may not buy a new ski suit from Strolz's sale at Easter. I'll keep my ski-quiver for another season without buying new. I'll resist the rather expensive wines at my favourite eateries, and buy something less expensive.

It is the cumulative costs of what I choose to spend that will adjust downwards, and not just because of Sterling/Euro exchange, but because after paying for the necessary items that are crucial to a ski holiday it is what I have left in my (substantial) budget that will change so as to not over spend. Therefore the total cost of ski holidays really do not change. Maybe 10 beers and a couple of bottles of champagne less per week, that's all it means. Toofy Grin
latest report
@philwig,

Top!

@skimastaaah,

Clueless
snow conditions
Today's Forex ……………… £1 =1.12 Euro.

@stanton, I may be "clueless", but I'm no moron!
snow conditions
@stanton, Having just paid £31 per person ( yes, you read correctly ….. THIRTY ONE POUNDS PER PERSON) for return flights Heathrow to Innsbruck in April 2020, next season's skiing is going to be considerably LESS expensive.
snow conditions
@skimastaaah, that's a brilliant price for flights to Innsbruck. Who are you flying with? I bet getting to Heathrow (or parking there) costs more that the flights!
latest report
@skimastaaah, you were ripped off Transavia ..AMS or RTD
INN did them for €19:00..

April you should be on the beach not skiing..

Have you got your travel visa arranged yet and insurance?
snow report
stanton wrote:

So even less expensive then!! Keep digging Nige, you'll soon be in Oz Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
@martinm, stanton indavertently posting that next season is going to be a lot cheaper...... Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
Alastair Pink wrote:
@martinm, stanton indavertently posting that next season is going to be a lot cheaper...... Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think that's what I meant in a roundabout way snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is this a good example of being hoisted by his own petard ? Cool
ski holidays
@martinm, indeed. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
I've just booked to go out to Les Arcs at the end of October/Early November and it turns out to be incredibly cheaap. Return flights are less than £50 ach and a weeks car hire less than £100.

The main safing is the return flight on the 5th of November is under £10. No one wants to come the UK after the current Brexit date.
snow conditions
@skimastaaah, Where do you change planes?
ski holidays
johnE wrote:
@skimastaaah, Where do you change planes?

Midway across the English Channel from a French plane to a British one Laughing
latest report
@martinm, @Alastair Pink,

Have yo arranged your travel visas and insurance?
ski holidays
stanton wrote:

April you should be on the beach not skiing..

Have you got your travel visa arranged yet and insurance?

BA out of Heathrow. Just in time for Strolz's Sale!

23kgs for both in the hold, may just take my powder skis out at Xmas and then leave them at the hotel!
snow report
@johnE, holy moly, you're right! £10 from pretty much everywhere in France to the UK. Even November flights from the US to UK are available for £80.
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
@martinm, @Alastair Pink,

Have yo arranged your travel visas and insurance?

No need for travel visas and I've always had annual travel insurance. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, You might want to check that on a No Deal Brexit.
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
@Alastair Pink, You might want to check that on a No Deal Brexit.

Its ok, he'll still always have annual travel insurance. And as for visas, I can't see that suddenly happening overnight and from memory it's already been stated that we won't need one. If we do it'll probably be a fiver at the post office. NehNeh
snow report
Found an interesting site yesterday, where you can compare various pricings in different countries. Compared to our nearest neighbours, the UK is one of the cheapest places to live. The savings we would make over a year of living in the UK far outweighs anything we could loose in currency exchange for a weeks holiday

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries.jsp

if you want eye watering differences, check out UK V's Switzerland !!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy