Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
stanton wrote:
@Mr.Egg, British Pound is Looking for help from BoE probably interest rate rise.

After 20 years, the euro has been a successful project measured by its adoption and support. Three-quarters of people in the eurozone are in favour of the euro, the highest since 2004 — seemingly dispelling the impression of rising anti-euro sentiment in many countries.

https://www.ft.com/content/b24c5de0-fc86-11e8-aebf-99e208d3e521

If the euro & eu is so great, why dont you move back there?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
GreenDay wrote:

In France they are already planning "work till you drop" retirements, to be debated this parliamentary session.

I hadnt spotted that.

Is the rationale to soft pedal the state ultimately taking less of the burden? A bit like the UK did 30 years ago?

[/quote]

I think in the short term the French state is just looking for money where-ever it can to reduce the deficit or even run a surplus but yes it is moving in that direction although very few projects to reform the state sector at the moment.

Although with negative interest rates maybe you need to borrow more?

Other changes proposed are

reduced unemployment cover

more tuition charges

Tax d'habitation to be replaced by Tax foncière d'etat - so all local tax burdens will fall on home owners not renters.

of course all of this has to be voted on.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stanton wrote:

Brexit fears have cast a blanket of worry ……………………………….. a 20 per cent plunge in euro currency transactions. The figures, recorded by the International Currency Exchange between May 2018 and May 2019, shows a fifth less Britons purchased Euros this year.

Is that a "Fifth Less" British individuals or a "Fifth Less" in value?

Would not be surprised that the common-all-garden-Brexit-voter is planning on glamping at UK Rock Festivals instead of getting West Nile Fever in Greece, Listeria in Spain, and E-coli in France! (Not that any of these have been identified as such, and that is a "without prejudice" statement made in jest, very tongue-in-cheek and meant not to be taken seriously by the Humour Police! PLEASE advise me if this offends the sensitivities of any Snowhead, and I'll edit accordingly)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also read somewhere that The French are considering raising tax on red diesel which would hit farmers and ski lift companies. Probably not great news for future lift pass prices or piste maintenance?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Peter S wrote:
Also read somewhere that The French are considering raising tax on red diesel which would hit farmers and ski lift companies. Probably not great news for future lift pass prices or piste maintenance?

anyone who uses tax free diesel, that's already decided but was delayed due to the Gilets Jaunes protests (which are ongoing)... no more piste bashing !
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Unfortunately, these contrasting comments only breed further uncertainty for the pound.

https://www.smartcurrencybusiness.com/news/currency-note/johnson-says-brexit-deadline-is-do-or-die/?source=SCB_DCN_Twitter_260619
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stanton really is the definition of insanity
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Next week will be the 3rd Anniversary of this thread starting and next season being more expensive - still waiting
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
"Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!"

Does this mean the slopes will be free of beastly foreigners like the Dutch.......every cloud.. wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Booked La Plagne for next Jan, Catered accommodation, flights, transfers and full area pass - £920. I consider that good value.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@stanton, *chuckles*
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@blacksheep, rip-off, wait till the week before!!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
https://www.reuters.com/article/britain-sterling-open/update-1-brexit-economic-fears-send-pound-to-two-week-lows-idUSL8N24326H
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Albert Einstein being proved right with every post!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mr Hunt & John if they stay on No Deal

Will Guarantee my Prediction..
snow report
stanton wrote:

your prediction came... and went a long time ago.

http://youtube.com/v/8znvmgi0pXc
snow conditions
davidof wrote:
stanton wrote:

Yep, stantroll's prediction was for the (then) upcoming 2016/17 ski season, so it expired unfulfilled a little over two years ago. Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Alastair Pink wrote:
davidof wrote:
stanton wrote:

Yep, stantroll's prediction was for the (then) upcoming 2016/17 ski season, so it expired unfulfilled a little over two years ago. Laughing Laughing

as for the 2019/2020 season who knows. With Lagarde in place at the European Bank and the policy of negative interest rates and money printing to the moon I'd personally look for something other than European Dinar (or whatever they use for exchange in Yurope these days). Maybe that Facebook crypto currency Happy

Still the pound at 1.12 to the Eurodinar was quite nice as I just ordered a bike for my son's birthday from planetx
ski holidays
Standby for a massive devaluation..

https://www.ft.com/content/77ed1952-9cc0-11e9-9c06-a4640c9feebb
snow conditions
Stantroll, if you are so confident of all this why have you still not taken up the wager with Frank?

stanton wrote:
I want details of this 'Guarantee', is it insurance backed and do you have the certificates to show us?
snow report
@stanton, you really don't get it do you. a high percentage of us on this forum have alpine property & if we do get the massive swing that you have been predicting for 3 years now we will most likely sell up our euro asset & transfer the funds to sterling gaining a massive profit.
snow conditions
@stanton,

Talking your own book in regulated financial markets is illegal and frowned upon , I presume you are short £ long € . It’s grey area on social media , blogs , forums etc
most who do always declare their position if they have one when posting or recycling research or media articles , I notice you do not .

For what it’s worth I think £ is close to the bottom of its range vs €, is cheap and downside is limited whatever the outcome .
I hold € assets as well as £ so don’t have an axe to grind .
ski holidays
Depends on any more uncertainty. BoJo winning will probably make £ appreciate since things will be a bit more certain. VoNC will make it drop. Losing VoNC, an election and a proper hung parliament will give me a fantastic exchange rate to repatriate some more of my € in to £. Probably not quite 1:1, but I'm expecting better than the 1:1.12 that I've been getting recently.
ski holidays
andy wrote:
...will give me a fantastic exchange rate to repatriate some more of my € in to £. Probably not quite 1:1, but I'm expecting better than the 1:1.12 that I've been getting recently.

Which is wonderful so long as the stuff you intend to spend it on is denominated in pounds.
snow report
Jonny996 wrote:
@stanton, you really don't get it do you. a high percentage of us on this forum have alpine property & if we do get the massive swing that you have been predicting for 3 years now we will most likely sell up our euro asset & transfer the funds to sterling gaining a massive profit.

I would as well if I was you.
ski holidays
Advice from Stanton! Where do i sign???
ski holidays
The Pound slipped to the bottom of the G10 league table Tuesday and is set to remain an underperformer into year-end,
latest report
You left this bit out Nigel..

"..However, the potential for a recovery against the U.S. Dollar exists as TD Securities believe the Federal Reserve has set the course for lower interest rates, which should weigh on the Greenback going forward.."

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/11636-gbp-to-eur-and-usd-brexit-gridlock
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
2 year Low breached

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-48926232
snow report
Mouth/money?
ski holidays
@Frank Spencer,

This might be of use for you Very Happy

https://www.compareholidaymoney.com/buy-currency/euros.php
ski holidays
Some balls may be of use to you
snow report
@Frank Spencer, anger management issues.
latest report
Bravery issues
snow conditions
Hello Frankie sweety

https://invezz.com/news/forex/how-have-brexit-events-influenced-the-gbp/
snow conditions
Wrong for 3 years, can't admit it. Sad excuse for a man.
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
.... anger management issues.
Actually, I think it's you with the anger issues, what with that very large chip on your shoulder. Well, that and being completely mental.
latest report
Frank Spencer wrote:
Wrong for 3 years, can't admit it. Sad excuse for a man.

Admit what?

Next phase of Sterling devaluation will start on the appointment of next UK PM ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-48942631

Bring it on Very Happy
snow report
hawkwind wrote:

To make myself resoundingly clear.
YES i blame politicians such as Nigel Farage and Boris Johnston for stirring up division to suit their own agendas, the exit plan was reported to be a couple of pages long, yes a few pages!
Thats some gamble to take and of course having more knowledge of the likely outcomes than 99% of us sitting at laptops they bailed out.
Thats some stitch up right there.

Further to that , i listened to the experts on a global scale who scientifically gave us analysis and projections of what we were gambling with but thats not as much fun as finger pointing and being ignorant.

Further again , destabilisation and division within Europe historically doesnt work out well , yanno for those of us with kids and grandkids , war isnt a game.

But yeah , seems all some folk have to worry about is whether other people on internet forums use appropriate capitalisation and punctuation.

*BUMP *
Great post.
Look Brexit hasn't even happened and already it has led to sterling tanking, property prices floundering, inflation, less disposable income, elections, change of PMs, international loss of credibility in the UK and of course 3 years of system stasis.

In short the UK is dangling on a precipice, with its politicians playing bluff, while the rest of the world is getting on about it's business planning for futures without the UK....

As for skiing next season being more expensive, even in Scotland it will be , as all imported goods and services will be pricier. (Skis, etc) Well done Brexiteers, you've really fupped up Britain!! Embarassed Embarassed
snow report
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/pound-is-a-tasty-morsel-for-investors-s7hfkr8qg?shareToken=ab0a8665d3a1c7d8f1a2094858505899

When everyone expects the markets to do one thing they usually do the opposite

£ is cheap .

Note I own € and £ assets so my view is balanced .
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy