Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Norrona customer service

Poster: A snowHead
Just wanted to praise Norrona's customer care. I ripped my primaloft Lofoten jacket on a branch and emailed them to ask for advice on getting it repaired. They responded by saying they've had a few issues with the material on that jacket, they asked me to to cut it in half and send a photo and they'd send me the new model! Thought asking me to cut it in half was a wind up, but it's because I've moved to New Zealand and there are no Norrona retailers here.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've also had very good support on a couple of occasions. The first was after a popper failed after 2 years on the gaiter of my Lofoten ski trousers, and they offered either a repair service, or the option (I accepted) where they sent me a complete set of logo'd poppers, for me to fit myself. The second case was a labelling issue, where the Svalbarb Heavy Duty trousers I bought off the internet turned out to be the women's version, fully labelled as men's (the colour and cut is pretty much identical, but the women's version does not have rear pockets). Replacements were sent on proof of destruction.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mr P has also had excellent service-a lightweight jacket he used for cycling started to delamimate and they sent him a new one. His only complaint-they didn't have the original colour in stock!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry to report I had very bad customer service from Norrona. A really obvious delimitation around the pockets of my Lofoten Jacket, but they wanted to charge me for repairing it! Not sure how you 'accidentally' cause gortex to gently delaminate at those specific positions. In the end it was the shop chain that I bought it from who gave me a full credit note against a new jacket, not bad as it was already 2 seasons old at this stage (well done Yosemite Switzerland).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
justatheory wrote:
Just wanted to praise Norrona's customer care. I ripped my primaloft Lofoten jacket on a branch and emailed them to ask for advice on getting it repaired. They responded by saying they've had a few issues with the material on that jacket, they asked me to to cut it in half and send a photo and they'd send me the new model! Thought asking me to cut it in half was a wind up, but it's because I've moved to New Zealand and there are no Norrona retailers here.

I have the exact same jacket, and tears developed in one of the upper outside pockets, which was due to my glasses being stored in there, and the sharp edges of the folded arms rubbing against the fabric.

Norrona were very good, and posted me repair patches FOC. But perhaps I should be asking for a new Jacket! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
next time buy arcteryx gear better materials better workmanship better kit Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
vipul wrote:
next time buy arcteryx gear better materials better workmanship better kit Very Happy

"You don't want one of those, you want one of these..." Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@vipul, I've had / have both Arcteryx and Norrona, I'm not sure there is any difference in quality. It really depends on what sort of day the person in the far east was having when they made it, and whether or not the QA person was doing their job. I know that I have sent back more Arcteryx stuff that was incorrectly size labeled, than I have Norrona.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PowderAdict wrote:
@vipul, I've had / have both Arcteryx and Norrona, I'm not sure there is any difference in quality. It really depends on what sort of day the person in the far east was having when they made it, and whether or not the QA person was doing their job. I know that I have sent back more Arcteryx stuff that was incorrectly size labeled, than I have Norrona.

Unbeknownst to most of us Joe Public, so many branded items (from all walks of life) are actually made by "White Label" manufactures. So you will have just a handful of factories for instance that can produce skiwear. If you want to start a brand such as "Arcteryx", it's really not financial viable to set-up your own factory and production line (initially). So you can approach a White Label manufacturer, and they will produce a whole range to your designs.

Indeed some White Label factories, can even produce the branding and the design for you!

Same goes for materials such as fabrics — often made en-mass and sold to many different labels.

So who knows which brands/label are actually produced in the same factories with the same materials — but just different branding and designs?

http://www.arcteryx.com/manufacturing.aspx?language=EN

https://www.norrona.com/en-GB/About-Norrona/Corporate-Social-Responsibility/
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@PeDaSp, quite right.

This story's not quite so glamorous, but when I was a bairn I did a day's work experience in a frozen fish factory. I remember seeing the hopper where the frozen prawns were being packaged. There was a stack of plastic packaging from each of the supermarkets and the branded products and they would take it in turns to fill the bags from each one. There was absolutely no difference in the contents! The only thing different was the packaging, and the price Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Maireadoconnor wrote:
@PeDaSp, quite right.

This story's not quite so glamorous, but when I was a bairn I did a day's work experience in a frozen fish factory. I remember seeing the hopper where the frozen prawns were being packaged. There was a stack of plastic packaging from each of the supermarkets and the branded products and they would take it in turns to fill the bags from each one. There was absolutely no difference in the contents! The only thing different was the packaging, and the price Happy

Exactly. Hence why so often I buy supermarket own-brands for so many household products — they are so much cheaper because you are not paying for all the expensive advertising that the major brands pay for to promote their high-priced products.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Outstanding customer service on 2 separate occasions.

Great communications and great repair shop.

Very very happy with them.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Back on topic, I LOVE my ridiculously yellow Norrona trousers and hope they last forever, but if they don't, it's good to hear about this good service.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I ripped my Lofoten jacket the first day i wore it, on the great glen chair at Nevis Range. Was my fault, probably should have called them though snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Always had fantastic customer service from Norrona.
They had promotion at start of the year repairing any Norrona gear free
Also when my Lofoten Jacket lining started coming apart at the seams they sent me brand new one
latest report
PeDaSp wrote:

Unbeknownst to most of us Joe Public, so many branded items (from all walks of life) are actually made by "White Label" manufactures.

Yep, and if you drive to the BB in Arabba you pass a big grey factory with Luxottica on it. They make sunglasses for Oakley, Rayban, Prada etc. Indeed, the stalls in John Lewis are actually Luxottica concessions.

http://www.luxottica.com/en/eyewear-brands

Note: the Oakley sport glasses for cycling and Ski are from Oakley USA. As far as I am aware.
latest report
This is an old thread but I thought I'd add to it if it's of help.

I had a Norrona Lofoten jacket which has had about thirty weeks on it, twenty of which were in one season. The velcro had come loose on the cuffs but otherwise it was fine, no tears and the zips were all OK. The glue had come unstuck on the wrist gaiters as well actually, but nothing major. The problem was however that the material had started to delaminate all over: bottom hem, armpits, wrists, over the mouth when zipped up. It kept going OK although I got fairly damp on a couple of warmer days with heavy snowfall.

I went through the warranty process which in the UK is to fill out a form online, print it and put it in the post with the damaged item. It goes up to Scottish Mountain Gear in East Lothian and they have a look. Their repairs are excellent btw.

Norrona sent me a voucher for the full price of a new jacket, despite my not paying full price the first time around. I've received my shiny new jacket and am very impressed in general with the whole process. The only expense was about £4.50 for postage.
latest report
I had a similar experience with them when my lofoten jacket which was about 2 seasons old developed a hole in the shell over the concealed hem adjuster. SMG were closed (1st lockdown) and could t accept it to assess it but on reviewing photos I sent, didn’t consider it repairable but Norrona send me a voucher for the full price of the old jacket even though I purchased it half price.

I also purchased something from the outlet recently and they reduced it a couple of weeks after. That was a bit annoying so I cheekily asked whether they would match the new price for me and to my surprise, they refunded the difference!

Excellent customer service on both occasions IMO
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy