Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salzburg Super Ski + Kitzbüheler Alpen Allstar Cards

Poster: A snowHead
A dream comes true!

For next season, 2016/17, the Salzburg Super Ski and Kitzbüheler Alpen Allstar Cards will join to cover both areas. This is being reported (in German) here: http://salzburg.orf.at/news/stories/2782960/. The new season pass will cost €680 when bought pre-season, €755 when purchased later. That is about 11% more than last season. However, the new season pass will be valid from 15th October 2016, three weeks earlier than in previous years (I'm not sure my legs will survive it). The season lasts till 1st May 2017. There will also be tickets for the area covering up to 14 days, as well as a season ticket covering any 10 days in the season. The tickets will be available on-line from 5th July.

In recent years I have used the Salzburg Super Ski Card and always felt that the SkiWelt was the main area that I was missing from earlier days when I used the Allstar Card. Now it all comes together again. And with novelties to try in the Wildschönau & Alpbachtal.

Other news from the area is the the Fleckalmbahn at Kirchberg (Kitzbühel area) will be replaced by a new 10-seat gondola for the 2017/18 season (presuming no adminstrative hold-ups). Anyone who wants one of the cabins from the current lift, those with national flags on them, can buy one for €900: http://www.tt.com/wirtschaft/standorttirol/11632833-91/die-fleck-hat-bald-ausgedient.csp

And today there was also an announcement about a plan to link the Sölden and Pitztal glacier areas: http://tirol.orf.at/news/stories/2782916/. If that comes to pass, it will be further in the future. There may be objections on environmental grounds.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 29-06-16 18:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@espri, Im in! Ange Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Awesome!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's good news!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Top news.... 100 Euros extra for a massive new area to ski in Cool Bring on the powder!!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Actually on further thought, for us 1 week a year skiers, it depends how much extra the 6 /7 day passes are compared to previously as to just how good the news is.

Last year the Allstar pass and the Salzburg super ski cost the same amount (and each were about €30 more than most of the local passes in the allstar area). And if staying somewhere in one of the allstar areas (as I have for about the last 6-7 years in a row), there weren't many places not covered by that pass that you could reach without your own transport.

If the cost of the weekly pass is still €30-40 more than most of the local passes, then great, otherwise it could really just have the effect of making it more expensive for some of us.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Scarpa, it's not 100 extra, last year's superpass was already over 600, around 630 I think. The Amade pass was under 600, you've got yourself in a muddle. Doh. Ange
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

pass will be valid from 15th October 2016

but will there be snow that early
wink Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I presume there will be some skiing on the Kitzsteinhorn in October but I too am dubious how good it will be. BTW one other development I forgot to mention is that on the Kitzsteinhorn the Schmiedinger double T-bars will be replaced by an 8-seat chairlift for next season.

I too am unconvinced by price increases just to provide larger areas. Given the size of the areas already, increases don't mean I will ski that much more (and that is obviously even more true for anyone on a week's holiday). However, I don't suppose I can complain about an extra three weeks' skiing.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@espri, I will still buy the "big" card but am also skeptical as although a few of the resorts open about the end of November, usually only a very minimal number of lifts are actually working. I think Schladming(Reiteralm) have about 3 or 4, Zauchensee also have just the few lifts over by the Gamskogelhutte and Obertauern also has only a few until main season starts.

I still think its amazing value though, hopefully we will get a ski in with you one of these days! I spent a few days over Leogang/Fieberbrunn last season checking out the new lift, highly impressed!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kooky wrote:
I still think its amazing value though, hopefully we will get a ski in with you one of these days! I spent a few days over Leogang/Fieberbrunn last season checking out the new lift, highly impressed!

Yes, that would be good. Dorfgastein/Grossarl is about the furthest east I have managed up till now.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It was 610 last year. It usually works out the cost of 2 day passes more than just getting the Amade pass. Ange.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes I got the Salzburg card last season as I knew I would be having at least 2 days outside of Amadé, it's about €70 more as I recall.

No idea yet about next season, depends if I still have a job and where that job might be!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ill definitely be getting the amade card althouh i only have 17 days booked next season so far. I late easter. Its not worth me getting a wider card at the moment as im always with people who only have one or 2 weeks so dont have spare days to go further afield
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Amade experts.............. is there anything in between pay per ride and season long summer lift passes ? ie a week pass
ski holidays
@Timberwolf, salzburgerland tourist card 6 or 12 day option.€62 per adult for 6 days €31 for children buy online or at tourist infirmation
Salzburgerland.com
includes a ride up and down a lift in loads if villages...but only one trip on each village. I usually go up Flachau, wagrain and pick another in the region....its always mire than paid for itself with other activities included as well inc a day in salzburg with lots included.
ski holidays
I don't think there is a seasonal summer lift card for the amadé lifts (i could be wrong though).
We normally have a stayvacation using the Land Salzburg summer pass. This includes almost all the open summer lifts in the county (but only once and not for DH mountain biking), it also has the added benefit of a lot of summer attractions like the pools, spas, toll road areas, museums, boat rides, zoo, etc.. etc.. If you include all of that value added then it is a no brainer.
ski holidays
Just looked up prices for a week, and the difference between a local pass for Kiztbuhel for 6 days (€256) and the Salzburg superski pass for 6 days (€265) is only 9 Euros for 2016/17.

It is €50 more than the Schneewinkel price was last season (next season prices not up for that yet, but presumably increased), or €15 more than the Saalbach_Hinterglemm-Leogang-Fieberbrun pass (€250 next season).

So it looks like it will still be reasonable value for us 1 week a year skiers Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy