Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half day skiing in Les Houches / Chamonix - any advice ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Les Houches for the Chamonix leg of the World Cup the week after next to watch the racing.
Despite being hooked on this white stuff, I'm a relative beginner of a couple of years so while I'm happy on Blues and easy Reds, I'm not confident enough to be on the slopes and ski to the side of the course etc (Plus I'll have my mum with me!) so will be watching from the spectator areas.

However, it sounds like a nice idea to take my boots and maybe get a couple of half-day's practice in for the trip-proper later on.
So, not having skied there, is it feasible to get a day-pass or two and can anyone suggest anywhere to go on my own with some nice runs ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The missus has just popped up there for a half day skiing. So yes it's possible, however with the obvious intrest in the W/C, you maybe better taking a pass at Le Tour or Brevent/Flegere. Unless you want to have a go at the Kandahar. If memory serves me right, there are no half day passes during half term. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
if you are not confident on tougher reds I would recommend Le Tour.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, Le Tour sounds good - is that the other side of Chamonix to Les Houches then ?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jerry, yes it is, the far end of the valley. It would probably take about 30-40 mins from Les Houches if you have your own car.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just back from Chamonix as SMALLZOOKEEPER can confirm. Very Happy

Le Tour definately. The run down to Vallorcine is just ace!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Civilserpent, is that the long windy blue right down the valley??? If that's the right one, Vallorcine was a lovely little place, and that bar in the station was fantastic. Vin Chaud and chocolate crepes just what the doctor ordered whilst waiting for the train back to Chamonix Wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Charlatanefc, there is a bubble back up now! No need to get the train around.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fragglerock, I know mate, we were there at xmas. We did that long run as the last run of the day to get the train back to Chamonix rather than fight to get on the bus at Le Tour Wink I drank numerous cans of red bull on that bubble Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Charlatanefc, yeah that's the one. Lovely view of the dam as you go down.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Civilserpent, one of the nicest runs I've skiied that one.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy