Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Independent ski employment

Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys, I'm brand new to the site but I've been reading tons of old threads and so far it's been a massive help to me. I'm currently going through the motions of chucking in a corporate job and looking for seasonal work for the winter and was just wondering if any of you snowheads out there had tips for getting work as a host or ski rep (or anything tbh). I've whored myself out on natives and season workers, but I'm running out of things to apply to and they all seem like massive TO companies advertising. Are there any smaller companies that you know of that need seasonaires and where do they post? Or do they just post on natives? Tbh I have no idea what I'm doing. Help me snowheads, you're my only hope!

I also have no idea if I posted in the proper section either, but that's why we have mods, right?[/img][/code]
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where are you trying to go to? For Chamonix, join Chamsocial and just ask. Probably similar websites in a few other resorts.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the tip. I'm looking for work preferably in France (fluent speaker, got a BA in it) or Bulgaria (determined to prove my ex wrong and finally be able to converse properly in Bulgarian)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A chalet company are currently looking for chalet hosts in Bulgaria, can't remember the name but think I saw it on Facebook Ski Club. Try Seasonaire web. Just keep searching ski jobs on Google, lots of options will come up
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try the Chalets Direct Solution Room Jobs board and Gumtree UK (overseas jobs).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Iamnotacrook, Facebook groups for the resorts you're interested in, usually a few they are mostly buy and sell type groups but always have jobs posted there too, good luck.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the info guys.

@Old Man Of Lech, unable to find the Ski Club yet but thanks for the link to Seasonaire Web

@Miranda, chalets direct was a great shout. I'd completely forgot about Gumtree!

@Sarah, never underestimate the power of facebook! I've had a good start with it so far but after a few emails and a promise of interviews I've had a couple go cold. The joys of social media eh?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Iamnotacrook, there are loads of small independent companies operating in the alps. I think that a lot of them don't advertise at all. Just google for "independent chalet resort x" or some such. Then email them with a CV and cover letter/email. I did this 4 years ago and got a fairly good hit rate.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Iamnotacrook, keep going! I know one looking for a chalet couple, chef and host, let me know if that could suit you.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Iamnotacrook, driving would be a great job, you could google all the transfer companies and apply
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@@Gämsbock, I thought it might be the case, always worth the ask though. Might try leboncoin/vivastreet and the like

@sarah, I sure would be interested in hearing about a host job if you'd like to PM me - I'll be flying solo this adventure. And it's funny you should mention driving, I do a lot of that for work and am just in the middle of googling transfer companies
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Iamnotacrook, Send nadenoodlee a PM. Her OH works for a transfer company so may be able to give some pointers.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Try Hucksters, they're recruiting, and have places in Tignes, Les Arcs, and Serre Chevalier.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Iamnotacrook, the one I know want a couple sorry. But transfer driver jobs shouldn't be too difficult.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Iamnotacrook, doesn't mean that there aren't jobs, just that they aren't advertised. I emailed 10 such companies in May 2012 saying I was interested in working for them for the 2012/13 season as a chalet host and were they looking for anyone (with CV and cover letter saying why I wanted to work for them). 6 came back with in a day or two and said yes, we are looking, can we have a chat/are you around for interview on xxx.
snow conditions
I can thoroughly recommend working for SKIAMIS. I've done two seasons with them and have just agreed to work a third season this coming winter. They are still looking for staff ..http://www.skiamis.com/skijobs.htm
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy