Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Budget accommodation in Tignes & Flaine

Poster: A snowHead
Hello, can anyone please recommend budget accommodation in Tignes & Flaine (for October/November)?

Not a lot on Air B&B. Was looking at the UCPA Flaine but can't find prices

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@moseyp, won't be much open in Flaine in October/November!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, scratch that then - can you suggest anywhere in Tignes?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have look on www.tignesnet.com?

But TBH, I'm just googling...

Also, when does the glacier re-open for the winter? November's probably fine but I'd check that first...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@moseyp, What kind of thing are you after ?

I gather that the Hotel Diva has reasonably priced packages at that time of year.

I just book a studio apartment through this agency.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mountainsun? http://mountainsunltd.com/skichalets/chalet-hotel-les-melezes/

They also do transfers from Geneva.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Have look on www.tignesnet.com?

But TBH, I'm just googling...

Also, when does the glacier re-open for the winter? November's probably fine but I'd check that first...

Yeah but the only thing that I think is in my price range is the UCPA, but then I couldn't find any prices on their website

Opens in October

@rjs, looking for something extremely low budget, my ideal would be a >€20 Air B&B bedroom in someone's home but I haven't found anything in the area (I have a car so don't need to be too close to Tignes). Or a hostel but as far as I can find it's just the UCPA unless someone knows different?

thanks @maggi,
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
don't suppose anyone knows rates for UCPA Tignes offhand? can't find them anywhere. It's closed at the moment but due to reopen in mid-October
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@moseyp, UCPA may be full of people doing Test Technique training, they usually have a lot of groups.

There isn't much between Tignes and Bourg Saint Maurice, good luck finding something on AirB&B.

The smallest studios at the link I gave are €230 per week pre-season.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@moseyp, the UCPA prices last winter were released in late June/July from memory (I was looking at the time). A week would probably be around 500-600EUR, including liftpass and food, maybe some instruction at various different price points.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thanks @fixx, they were the only prices that I could find alright, is it not possible to book room only without lift pass, food etc? I tried emailing but just got an out-of-office and not expecting a response
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thanks @rjs, didn't think to look at Bourg Saint Maurice, found a few €20 p/n there so will keep them in mind
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@moseyp, what are you actually planning to do as getting up and down from BSM would be a pain for me... Given that it will be only the glacier...so a long commute even from Tignes in a relative sense...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name, it's only about half an hour isn't it?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
40 mins each way BSM to Tignes...

Not my idea of fun.
snow report
There is an equivalent to Craigslist but French based that carries offers for shared accommodation.

My CRS is kicking in and I know it is not Vivastreet but a similar sort of thing.

The tourist office should know.
ski holidays
@moseyp, UCPA - no. The only option is whether or not you include lessons/guiding. Everything else is just part of the deal.
latest report
@moseyp, The Tignes Chalet Company do a pre-season deal, £180 for the week catered (breakfast and two course dinner). I stayed with them a couple of year ago and thought it was exceptionally good value. http://www.thetigneschaletcompany.com/preseason_accommodation_tignes.html
snow conditions
@TQA, great thanks I'll see if I can find it

@fixx, I see, I didn't know that, thanks
snow report
@Gämsbock, thanks but too far off my budget
snow conditions
moseyp wrote:
@Gämsbock, thanks but too far off my budget

Puzzled if 20 euros/night is ok, why not £180/ week?
ski holidays
Try Chalet Chardons (in Tignes les Brevieres) or Auberge de Jeunesse les Clarines (in Tignes 1850).
snow report
@Kenzie, £180 is about €240

I'll look at those two, thanks
snow report
If you want a studio most owners would bite your hand off at €20 a night, try the agents around Tignes, or even the season rentals which normally start early Nov might give you a chance fr October - Angelsden for instance.
ski holidays
Quote:

If you want a studio most owners would bite your hand off at €20 a night

sorry I don't understand this phrase?

what are the agents around Tignes? I'm more looking for a room somewhere, not a flat or season rental
snow report
@moseyp, but that's half board, with access to a guest fridge so you can make your own lunch and buy beer from the supermarket, and with no bus fares. I reckon you'd spend the extra €100 euro or close to it commuting up from BSM and on food...
snow conditions
@Gämsbock, Ah okay I see thanks, won't really work for me this time because I don't drink, will bring my own food and only need four nights accommodation per week so that's why I'm looking for something more aibB&B / hostel-y/super cheap room only hotel
snow report
@moseyp, in that case, you could try the seasonnaire Facebook pages for Tignes to see if anyone has a spare room to rent or would like to share a studio.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Gämsbock, great thanks, didn't know that was a thing, I'll have a look
snow conditions
@Gämsbock, those pages are great - had no idea about them, thanks again
latest report
@moseyp, you're welcome, glad it was useful. Hope you have found/find what you are looking for.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy