Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler in January

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Please could I ask Whistler fans for some advice.

Our previous visits have always been in mid February but this winter we are looking at mid January instead.

We have been I think pretty lucky with the weather previously (we have been 3 times over the last 10 years) but would appreciate a heads up
from anyone who has visited in January with some idea of the weather and conditions that they experienced.

I know that its location and low altitude make any predictions guesswork at best but any advice would be great.

Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I suspect you can google it. I've been there early January for about the last 30 seasons. Mostly conditions are good deep winter. Once or twice we've had "cold smoke"; usually there's lots of snow; once or twice there's been not a lot off piste (Olympic year was thin, from memory). There's always precipitation, the issue is... where is the freezing level. If it's above the top then that's not good. Usually it's significantly lower and perfectly fine.

If I could predict the weather I'd be rich.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Every year is different, just look at the snow fall stats they post on the website.
We went once over new-year, having always gone at Easter before & since and we were amazed at the different base cover. Plenty to ski on but just so many bushes and small trees poking up in places we had never seen any before.

We also had trouble with them not opening above the Alpine for most of the trip due to avalanche risk.

As above who knows, but there will be snow. Shorter days too though.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We had mainly good conditions in early Jan 2014. Almost all runs were open, with most in good condition and some powder at the highest level in resort. There were a couple of days where it rained at the very lowest level, with sleet at mid-altitudes and snow above. And the heli-skiing was awesome. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy