Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello

Poster: A snowHead
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself, I've been reading and lurking about for a while so thought it was about time I posted something.

My ski history is a bit random and quite fragmented. I live in north Wales and learnt to ski in secondary school, we used to head up to Plas y Brenin in Capel Curig on Tuesday nights during the autumn term for lessons, then when the dry slope in Llandudno opened we used that it was about three times the length of Plas y Brenin and we thought it was amazing. Finally made it on to real snow when a mate from uni invited me to stay at his family apartment near Lenzerheide. I had a great time and going to Lenzerheide became an annual post christmas event. Eventually though I got married had kids and stopped skiing for ten years, finally decided my youngest was old enough and brave enough to do ski lessons so we had a week in Les Arc 1950 over easter. It was bloody brilliant and we booked for next year as soon as we got back. The ski in/out was great and the kids loved the evening sledging.

Anyway just wanted to say hello Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@CH1975, Welcome to Snowheads. Looks like you're hooked. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hello there!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@CH1975, welcome aboard sir.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Welcome to Snowheads @CH1975 snowHead Glad your first holiday "en famille" was such a success. Give up any other kind of holiday from now on (unless you're minted).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@CH1975, welcome to snowHeads! Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Welcome to Winter Joy and Summer Misery when SHMBO wants a fortnight in the tropics instead Confused Remember the priorities, skiing is a healthy sporting activity that adds to the ankle-biter's linguistic and social skills as well as the benefit of limited UV exposure Twisted Evil
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@CH1975,
Welcome to the madhouse Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi and welcome. See you on a future bash wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks, for the warm welcome. @geepee yes I reckon I am hooked, have been since the first time on snow I'll never forget my mate putting me on a nursery slope and watching me ski down he said 'that looks ok' and took me to the top of a mountain (it was the Rothorn in Lenzerheide) and I had to ski down, it was a red run most of the way, the conditions were total white out at the top and I skied terrible but it was amazing Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@N0rthernMonkey, What is a bash?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@CH1975, Have a look here : http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewforum.php?f=31
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@CH1975, Welcome.....what a nice post Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ah so that's a Bash, sounds like fun. I have a job that gives me a lot of free time in Jan and Feb, my only problem is my wife is a teacher an the kids have to go to school. Not sure what they'd think if I announced I was going on holiday without them there might be a revolt.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@CH1975, as @geepee has linked to, they're basically epic SnowHeads ski hols organised by admin. Fantastic prices and better company, laugh a minute! snowHead
Edit - hadn't refreshed page before posting so didn't see your last post! Ha, sure you'll be able to come up with something as a bargaining chip!!
ski holidays
Ah so that's a Bash, sounds like fun. I have a job that gives me a lot of free time in Jan and Feb, my only problem is my wife is a teacher an the kids have to go to school. Not sure what they'd think if I announced I was going on holiday without them there might be a revolt.

Santa, is that you?
latest report
@gandie, Smile Ho Ho Ho

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 3-05-16 12:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I mean no no no, I run a caravan park and it is closed in Jan and Feb plus the weather is normally to wet to do any major work so things usually get put off till March and April.
snow conditions
Welcome, welcome. As @N0rthernMonkey, said the Bashes are a good value trip that gives the chance to ski with other likeminded people. The End of Season Bash in Val Thorens was fantastic and you good pretty much go to the Chalet du Thorens bar at any time of day and find someone that would be happy for you to ski with them Very Happy
ski holidays
@SnoodyMcFlude, sounds good, my birthday falls in early Feb during the birthday bash maybe its fate Razz
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy