Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aggressive Slackcountry Skiers

Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/pSo-SwRuMh8
Seems like skiers are as aggressive as drivers. They tailgate you, cut you up passing then get into a fight about it. Is that a ski instructor in red?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 1-05-16 12:14; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@davidof,
What was he complaining about?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow that's a bit full on! Where was this? I'm assuming it's not a private ski area - but those 3 were yelling and behaving as if it was, and in a very rude manner.

(To be fair, the filming skier and pals could maybe have given them a bit more space at the start, but they weren't dangerous, and no reason for the stopped 3 to turn and set off after them)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@musher, lots of repeated yelling of "dégage!" which is basically "Clear off!" or less polite versions thereof... I can't quite make out enough of the more detailed grumbling at the start.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Liberté, égalité, fraternité

Except when you're skiing...?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I know this might sound like a loaded question but have the French, over the past few years, become [even] more grumpy and pouting?

During our various diversions on the way back from the EoSB, Gregory and I encountered so much overt tutting and huffing from people that it really was quite Basil Fawltyesque..
If this is what we got from folk we were giving [often silly amounts of] money to for coffee/hot chocolate/cake, it seems a natural extrapolation to expect the kind of aggression in the video above, for passing within 6ft without saying "bonjour".
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The flimer may or may not have used the person / instructor? / guide's? skin track to access those goods and thenshot ahead of them.

Even so, if the pole slapper was working then he showed himself up for the lady's front bottom he is.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

The flimer may or may not have used the person / instructor? / guide's? skin track to access those goods and thenshot ahead of them.

But its not like it was an untouched pow field - they had to stick inside tracks to keep the speed up!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This is one reason why I don't ski in France anymore! It's much more chilled out in BC Wink
Can you imagine what that miserable old "see you next Tuesday" is like when he's not out having fun on skis?!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
admin wrote:
I know this might sound like a loaded question but have the French, over the past few years, become [even] more grumpy and pouting?

During our various diversions on the way back from the EoSB, Gregory and I encountered so much overt tutting and huffing from people that it really was quite Basil Fawltyesque..
If this is what we got from folk we were giving [often silly amounts of] money to for coffee/hot chocolate/cake, it seems a natural extrapolation to expect the kind of aggression in the video above, for passing within 6ft without saying "bonjour".

Everyone is grumpy due to the economy.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So where was this?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So apparently the guy with the "guides" fleece who was aggressive isn't a guide at all but this bloke

http://lesvieillesplanches.over-blog.com/2016/04/les-ders-de-der-neige-de-printemps-et-poudreuse.html?utm_source=_ob_share&utm_medium=_ob_facebook&utm_campaign=_ob_header_bar
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
He takes a good picture though wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Soinds as though the bloke in red is telling the camera phile that it's rude to hit someone else (i.e. The bloke in red) while overtaking them.

Which seems entirely reasonable to me.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@under a new name, the bump at 27s when he moved slightly to his left, or touching his ski pole at 47s? Or do you think something happened before and that's why they were waiting for him?
ski holidays
I think the skier with the camera was being a prat. They were skiing as a group, may be in pitches, he comes charging through, they then get back together as a group, he overtakes above one of them, not nice, and drops down in between. That said there's no excuse for the pole whacking.
snow conditions
@Themasterpiece, no, it's when he says, "it's very impolite to smack into the person you are overtaking because you are paying more attention to your stupid camera than to where you're going"

Still seems fair to me.
snow conditions
Maybe he thought they were on the Snowheads OPB Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Blimey @davidof, are you a private detective tracking down the pole-whacker's true identity? Impressive.
Some sort of old boys club - "the old plankers"
latest report
I don't see anything wrong with what the guy with the headcam did at the start of the clip, he was miles away from the stationary group who were all turned to face him. Then the OC and his mate came up and deliberately bumped past him very rudely indeed. This obviously annoyed the headcam guy who then attempted to overtake them again and accidentally caught the second guy's pole. It didn't look deliberate to me at all. Then the OC blew his top for no good reason at all and behaved like a spoilt child in the playground.
snow report
Suspect there may well have been some preliminary action from the way they seemed to be hanging around at the beginning of the clip...
snow conditions
mishmash wrote:
Suspect there may well have been some preliminary action from the way they seemed to be hanging around at the beginning of the clip...

Quite possibly, who knows? But the OC was well out of order, even if he had been provoked earlier.
snow conditions
We may never know for certain what if anything happened before the clip starts but for me if there was an issue when the caught upto him at 25sec in, that is when words would really have started.
So from the lack of action at that point I can not see any reason for their later action.

They way the second skier in red pushed between his mate and the camera guy was not acceptable and the later action by the old guy in red is nothing short of being a thug, shame camera guy did not teach this delinquent thug another use for poles because who knows next time he may do it to a kid.

Just to add the only thing I can see is possibly at around 45sec the first guy in red moves right and the camera guy takes avoiding action to continue to pass him on the left, this looks as though he may then have cut up the other guy in red but still the guys in red are just as guilty and still no grounds for assaulting another skier.
latest report
Further outed: https://www.facebook.com/lesquimau/posts/10153488977455936
snow conditions
That facebook post is taking it a bit far - that's crossing the line to cyber bullying. It happened, no one was hurt - skiing is meant to be enjoyable, and there are lots of big mountains out there, so the guy pursuing this should just chill out and get on with his life.
ski holidays
That facebook post? Is it private?
snow conditions
abc wrote:
That facebook post? Is it private?

It was viewable earlier (and i'm not on facebook..)

Video gone as well....
ski holidays
albob wrote:
Video gone as well....

Oooh, was it the three-in-a-bed Super Injunction couple skiing? Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It was all viewable yesterday, so obviously somebody has decided to take some kind of action to take this out of the public domain. I wonder which side that was?
latest report
@maggi, I couldn't possibly furnish you with that information !!

but the slackcountry vid is back ..!?!
snow report
Lol. The camera dude got beat by gramps.
snow report
Video is back up again but FB still down
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy