Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How busy is Flasching Week in Saalbach?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking at arranging our annual group ski trip to Saalbach next year. I love it there and think it would suit the needs of our party.
The best dates for us are Wednesday 1st March to Saturday 4th March. However, I have noticed that this coincides with Flasching. Does it get busy for the whole week or do think calm down after Shrove Tuesday. I was in Mayrhofen for Flasching a few year's ago and although it was crazy on the Tuesday (and great fun in the evening), it quickly quietened down for the rest of the week.
Thanks for any advice or help?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It will be quieter after the Tuesday, but still busy.
By the way, it's Fasching, not Flasching!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ha! Thanks for the correction. Freudian slip obviously!
I guess I will start contacting hotels and will soon find out how booked up they are.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Week 9 will be busy as the Austrian and Bavarian Fasching holiday falls in that week, and it is also a holiday week for some areas of Holland. Having said that, Saalbach-hinterglemm is a huge area with a very good, modern lift system, so if you avoid the rush hour from 9.15 - 10.15 when all of the families and kids ski schools will be starting, you should avoid the worst of the queues. I have never noticed it getting quieter mid-week as most guests seem to be there for a whole week. Once up into the main skiing areas there are plenty of places to ski that don't get crowded, even in high season. See the long Saalbach thread for some ideas.

Generally the Ski Circus copes well even at peak times, particularly since Fieberbrunn was added last winter. The only real crowds can occur for an hour in the morning and then an hour from 15.00 when everyone heads home. You can avoid the latter by finding one of the many mountain restaurants and having a drink there before heading down after 16.00 - some places, e.g Berger Hochalm, have Happy Hour from 15.30 specifically to cater for this.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks@quinton, and@Steilhang, for your helpful replies.
I think our biggest problem maybe finding half a week's accommodation for 12 people during such a busy time. Do you have any recommendations for hotels/ pensions which might take part week bookings?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Flasching...is that the very popular German Nudist Ski Federation week!?! Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy