Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler ski school options

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've looked through a number of other wWhistler post and learnt a few things but not a definitive answer on ski schools.

We are a family of 4 that have been to France skiing three times. I would describe me and my 14 year old son as just about intermediate, my wife is almost there but lacks confidence and my 10 year old son is capable of going down anything but with no technique (he's upto 1star in France).

Ski lessons in Whistler look slightly expensive and very different to the ones we have used in France.

I'm considering a 3-4 day ski camp (can the kids do this?), a couple of 4-1 private sessions or the Yes Ski Improvement 4 day sessions.

All your experiences would be really helpful in making this choice.

Thanks,

Pete
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @RedW28! We've been going to Whistler for a number of years now and our now 12 year old has been through the Whistler Kids program from the minis (3 - 4 year olds) up the last year of kids Adventure Camp. She has absolutely loved it and made lots of friends some of whom she has skied with year after year.

The camps for children and teens are 5 day camps which means that they are guaranteed the same instructor and group day after day. Children do Adventure Camp and teens have Ride Tribe. There is the possibility of daily lessons but they would not be guaranteed the same instructor or group. For the Adventure Camp children there is a maximum number of 6 in the group but I don't know about Ride Tribe.

For adults, there is The Camp which is a 3 or 4 day program that caters for intermediates up to advanced. I think groups are a maximum of 8 but usually there have been between 5 and 7. The minimum age for this is 19.

Another option might be the Max 4 lessons where all four of you ski together. I'm pretty sure that is a possibility and I know that this season they were running 3 days for the price of 2. Would that be something you might consider? They run on either Whistler or Blackcomb mountains.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@RedW28, Welcome to Snowheads.
@geetee, Has summed up the options very well. My Daughter went through the system there too and she is now teaching over there. She also did the Yes course for the CSIA quals and speaks very highly of them.

Not sure if your wife is at a level similar to you, if so then a Max4 where you have the group to yourselves is a good bet - other than the probable different Instructors each day. They will tailor the lessons to each of you. If people progress at different levels then you can move higher if you want to split up. My wife loves them because she meets new people each year and just stays in the same level she is happy with. Its more social skiing for her with like minded friends.

The kids may enjoy (prefer) being away from you so the Adventure camp (up to 12) and Ride Tribe may suit them better. They are very flexible - if you don't like what you have when you have tried it, you can change it and they will just move the money to something else. If you cancel completely they will give you a credit to spend in their shops.

Buy before mid Nov and prices are up to 40% off the website list price - holiday too.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies. I'm definitely worried about having a different instructor each day, surely they take a while to work out what level you are at before the lesson can be useful.

The other thing with the kids lessons, either the camp or tribe, is that they are all day and I'm not sure they are up for that to be honest.

I'm going to call Yes Improvement to get more info but it's still confusing as to what is the best option.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think you will find that the Kids enjoy being with kids the same age and ability and as @geetee, said they make long lasting friends. So I am not sure that is a problem for them. The camps are long term with the same instructor and of different lengths. Daughter was teaching AC of 3 days Mon-Wed. Plenty of time to collect them after and get to your group.

Yes will tailor exactly what you want if you want specific group lesson. Speak to Belinda.

Max4 is different people each day, you can get lucky and get same instructor but not usual. Hence the Camps they run. If you contacted the Snowschool, they would set up the same instructor for you if you had 4 customers in a Max4 class, I guess, but not if you just turn up. They are all great people who understand giving service and offering what the customer wants. Note they are running short staff now as Whistler is closed and only skiing on Blackcomb. If you are doing Max4, not only will you get a different instructor you will get different people in the group too. So yes the first bit is working out what people want and how good they actually are. But it is all good fun.

If you wanted all 4 of you to ski together just half day, then you could book a named instructor for however many days you wanted and only have a morning or afternoon slot (afternoon cheaper). This would work out about the same price as Max4 (though they do offer cheaper longer lumps of Max4).

When you know what you want send a message to snow school and Yes and ask them to price it you for you. The hard bit is I am not sure you know what you want. Are you going for more than a week if so you have plenty of time to mix it up.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy