Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free Ski Movies

Poster: A snowHead
I just found this site that has free ski videos that you can download - full length movies with steep lines and big jumps - really cool footage. http://www.im.com
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ok, new poster. why should i trust ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yola,
Quote:

I just found this site that has free ski videos that you can download - full length movies with steep lines and big jumps - really cool footage. http://www.im.com

You wouldnt have anything to do with this site ?? would you Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We're still waiting Yola, ....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also spammed a few other ski sites. Fine by me if its legit and the movies are licensed - couldn't download their unknown software anyway.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
that software exe could have so much in it,i wouldnt risk it.The website has no contact address and can be created by a child...!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Let me try to answer your questions:

- Trusting me - I guess I would say - if you don't trust me - then disregard my posts.

- My association - I know the guys who are writing the software - I believe in what they are doing and am trying to spread the word!

- My slow response - It's primo ski season - I've been in the mountains the past few days - I have pictures to prove it!

- Piracy / spamware - The movies are licensed legally. The player software is spyware free. But it's beta software - brand new.

If you steer clear of new companies and beta software, this isn't for you.

But if you like to check out new technology, give it a try - the player software is pretty solid and the movies really are great.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've downloaded and installed it, no alerts from any virus scanner or spyware software etc.

I love TGR films so will download them shortly Very Happy

Yola, once downloaded can I only play them via that client? I'd like to play them on my XBox using XBMC?

cheers,

greg
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yola, if you know the guys who are writing the software, it's a bit disingenuous to say in your first post 'I just found this site...'

And I'm curious - full-length films are licensed legally but can be downloaded free? Can you shed some light on this business model?

Is it ok to post this on the TGR forums where TGR people will see it?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
These have DRM on them, meaning you can only play them with the IM software, and it connects back to a server to check the license.

Wether you can play them > once remains to be seen.

I cannot recommend TGR films enough, the fact you can get some of them free is amazing! It's not DVD quality but it's good enough to watch on a PC screen, just turn off "stretch to fit" when the player starts.

Cheers,

Greg
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gregh - playback is pc only - I hope that the player supports external devices soon - I have a PSP that is great for playing videos.

Cedric - The movies and software were posted last week - I did just find it! Business model - not sure. TGR posting - I would recommend - try the player, watch the movies for yourself - then post to TGR and anywhere else you like!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hello everyone,

I noticed a fair amount of traffic coming to our website from this link so thought I would see what was going on. I'm a developer at Instant Media so thought I would drop by and say hello.
IM is a new company and our product is currently in the early stages of a public beta release. It's purpose is to be an all-in-one media player, podcast client, and media download application. Some of our executives had a pre-existing relationship with TGR, so as a way to showcase the system and acquire users we have licensed 13 of their films (a press release is in the queue for this) and are releasing them on our system. The files are DRM protected, but are free and can be played forever (not just once, and they will not expire). Because of this you need to use our player to play these files, but that's pretty much the point to our giving them away. The quality we have for the current set of files is 1000 kbps, and we are working to release some higher quality versions in the next month (although your machine will need a bit of horsepower to play them properly). We're also in negotiations to license some additional content in the sports category to release on the system as well.

Greg, although I haven't tested it, these files should play on the XBox 360. You'll need to play them once from the client first to get the license, but then using the Windows Media Connect application, point it to c:\im\cache\tgr and the files should be viewable on your networked XBox. Again, this is theoretical because I'm yet to get a 360.

We have no spyware in our application (although I imagine spyware companies say the same thing). We collect your registration information and some system metrics (screen resolution) to display the correct UI to you.

Hopefully you all are enjoying the videos and I'll try to answer additional questions any of you have.

We are going to be updating the client in under a month and will be greatly expanding our section of free vlogs/video podcasts so please check back.

DJScrib
Instant Media
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DJScrib, Thanks for coming on here and clearing a few things up. I've downloaded it and everythings working well.
Shame you can't tell which ones are jib flicks, I'd rather not bother wasting bandwith with that stuff. The Big Mountain stuff is great though.

Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mark - We're expanding the movie descriptions with the next release (currently we only display the short descriptions).

Thanks for trying out the client and please feel to post any feedback here or on our internal forums.

Lastly, we have some additional deals in the works but if there are any film companies you'd like to see, post them here and we'll see what we can do.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hi djscrib,

Thanks for the reply, I have a lowly 1st gen Xbox with XBMC, I tried to play movie before I'd played it on my PC, I'll try again now I've played it on my PC.

PSP play would be cool!!

markp, goto www.tetongravity.com for some more info on their films before you download 'em

Well done for bringing these great films to the public Very Happy

regards,

greg
snow conditions
Greg - If you have an XBox original than there's a small chance video playback will work but I wouldn't bet on it. If it does please let us know.

We're doing Portable Device testing but I can't make any promises on what we'll be supporting near term.
ski holidays
DJScrib, OK Some problems.
Despite only asking to download 2 of the TGR movies your software has actually downloaded ALL of the movies using approx 5Gb of my bandwith which has now cost me money. And no. I specifically didn't click on the link that says download all movies. I repeat I didn't subscribe to the whole channel.
You need to make the user aware that the software is downloading everytime the PC is turned on. This is common courtesy. If I have made a mistake at this point i can rectify it.
I'm also not happy with the fact that the sidebar resizes other windows to display itself, or the fact that it also moves the desktop icons. I assume its doing that because its not to clever at detecting the actual screen dimensions. I dunno.
I await your response.
snow report
Mark,

The issue with TGR automatically downloading all of the movies appears to be a bug (please bear with us, this is a Beta version of the software). This has been found and is fixed in the next build. (A dialog is supposed to appear the first time you run prompting you to opt in/out of TGR but is not working properly)

The sidebar is a toolbar. During installation you should have been asked whether you wanted to run in toolbar mode. After receiving feedback we're making this much clearer in the next release. You can easily disable the toolbar mode by clicking on your username at the top of the toolbar which will bring up a menu, and then selecting Toolbar options.

We're currently planning to release a new version in mid February which addresses these issues as well as adding a number of new features and improvements.

Thank you for the feedback.

DJScrib
Instant Media
ski holidays
I run two monitors - I oftne have problems with apps that are not designed for this - is this going to cause problems, before I try it out?
ski holidays
We have done multiple monitor testing so it should work. I would advise not using Toolbar mode in that siutation though. (Since a toolbar never really works well for multiple monitors)
latest report
What ever you f*cking do, DO NOT set the save location to somewhere where you have other files. IF YOU TRY TO UNINSTALL, IT WILL DELETE ALL OF YOUR FILES!!!!
snow report
bushrag, welcome to snowHeads snowHead . Thanks for the warning Very Happy .
ski holidays
Hi All,

Well hopefully by now you all believe Instant Media is a real company. We've gathered input and are releasing our 1.1 version of the software. We've re-mastered the TGR films collection and now offer 7 films at twice the previous bitrate. (They are now 2000kbps). Tangerine Dream has been added as well, and again these are all free for download.

http://www.im.com
snow conditions
DJScrib, Why am having problems playing these movies. I downloaded the lot back in Feb and had no problems. In the last 6 weeks everutime i try to play back there appears to be a licence issue. Help! Do i need to download again?
latest report
DJScrib, Like millions of others, i don't subscribe to the hell which is Microsoft and prefer the well balanced, well thought-out, highly developed and stylish AppleMac and this site doesn't seem to work on mine Puzzled

Never mind wink

We are used to the blinkered view of the PC monster out there Skullie
ski holidays
PP are you playing them using IM? If you try to just use Windows Media player outside of IM they don't appear to run.
snow conditions
DJScrib, is there any chance of adding a facility to show the progress of the download. I started downloading Tangerine dream but couldn't tell how far it had got.
ski holidays
gregh, yes i am, and still no joy Confused
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
just installed v1.1 and it no longer gives me an option to put the cache where I want it!! Can I change the location please??

thanks!

greg
latest report
When you install it choose Custom Install, not Express Install.
snow report
yeh I did that DJScrib, it just asked where to install IM, not the cache......
ski holidays
Hello.
I've installed IM and enjoyed the TGR films so far.
Now, concerning the cache, look at the bottom of the main IM screen, it's the cache "toolbar", displaying
how much of it is in use but most importantly...
There's an "options" tag (blue), click on it, it will give you the location of the cache and the possibility to change it
(after selecting the directory you wish, then click on the "update" button...)
As for the auto-download, from "my channels", right click (or left click if you're lefthanded) on the channel you want and select "don't autodownload new items"
BTW...
Yesterday I installed Win Media Player 11 and all of a sudden I can see the TGR films, downloaded from IM, on it...why?
latest report
Is it possible to download and use this on the mac?

asland
ski holidays
Here's an interesting site that rents instructional videos via the mail, Netflix style. While they don't have ski videos they do have snowboard, winter survival and more. I linked though digg so that you can read the comments:

http://smartflix.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=119_125
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy