Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any one ever skiied in europe may half term?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have got severe withdrawal after our easter ski trip and are wondering whether it is feasible to have a couple of days skiing at end of may on a glacier somewhere. Our kids are 6 and 8 and have only skiied for one week
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've skied up at the Kitzsteinhorn during May 1/2 term. We had fresh snow, which was a bonus. Not all of the lifts were running, but enough to make it worthwhile.

We skied mornings and then did water sports on the lake in the afternoon.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Zermatt.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tricky one for the kids, if not for you. Zermatt is awesome, but the kids may not appreciate skiing at 3900 metres.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Holidayqueen, there will be quite a few runs open at hintertux.
I've been there that half term week and had fresh snow.
The organisation I just went away with - Alpine Coaching, are going back there this half term.
If you're planning DIY I can recommend Badhotel Kirchler as a base. Not sure if their outdoor pool will be open then but the indoor one certainly will.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Holidayqueen, I'm just wondering that with only a week under their belts, your kids may find some of the glacier skiing a bit difficult.
Also, once up there, the lifts are mostly T bars - which aren't always for the faint hearted.

Another option for you would be Les 2 Alpes, but that is shut between 30th April and 17th June. However you could have a wonderful summer holiday in the Alpes and ski on the glacier there for a couple of mornings. It is mainly blues and greens and there is access via a funicular - so no need to use the T bars.
I've been there in August and there is loads to do in the summer in the Alps and it is usually hot and sunny off the mountains.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks all. i dont think they will manage t bars!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Go to L2A in the summer in that case!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's a while since I skied L2A in summer but I remember going up in the scrum of the Jandri Express not a funi.and there are T bars too, to access runs on the glacier.

Tignes has a funicular. But in summer you can't avoid T bars too.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Holidayqueen, Go to Kitzsteinhorn (Kaprun, Austria) then, this season they replaced many of their draglifts with a large multi stage gondola and there are many chairlifts also. The mountain has 18 lifts, 5 of which are drags. http://www.bergfex.com/kitzsteinhorn-kaprun/panorama/ I will add that at this time the ski schools will probably only do mornings but there is plenty to do in the area too.

The transfer from Salzburg is probably just over an hour and you are in a proper town rather than a high altitude ski village. Kaprun is lovely with restaurants, shops and a castle, it also has an alpine roller coaster, many trails and places to hire bikes and a fantastic spa with outdoor pools/kids slides etc. You have the nearby lake at Zell am See, which also has plenty of shops/restaurants and they open the local mountain for walking, biking and a brilliant frisbee golf course. There are many other things to see and do in the area too...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy