Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 1800

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, am thinking of taking the kids to Les Arcs 1800 for 16-23 Dec next season but have a few Qs as we have never stayed there before? Like the fact it is high but also trees to hide in if necessary. We've got two good affordable options for apartments-Lauzieres and Miravidi-both described as ski in/out does anyone know if one might be better than the other? Also, was there much skiing around there same time last year-I was reckoning that if there was skiing available last December, it can't be any worse next year! Finally, as I am driving, what is is drive up there like-scary if there is snow? Looked at VT-but we go there at Easter and fancied a change and it is quite remote. Also VdI which has been good for December snow recently, but too expensive and not much ski in/out either.

Lots of questions I know, any help grateful received!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@snowhound, I've skied that week based in Arc 1800 for the last 10 years or so, including the last two seasons when the snow has been relatively poor. There's always been a decent amount of piste skiing available; some years the snow has been great but others years (like this winter) it has been thin and relied heavily on man-made. It always quiet, with no lift queues.

Sorry, don't know those buildings so can't comment on whether one is better than the other.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Rob-drive up there not too hairy Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowhound wrote:
Thanks Rob-drive up there not too hairy Puzzled
No, usually very straightforward, unless you arrive in a snowstorm in which case snow chains might be necessary (as they would be for other resorts at a similar altitude). It's an easy drive from Calais (about 9.5 hours drive time), on quiet motorways until the final hour or so. Traffic is normally quiet that week, and the approach road to the resort is not too twisty.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks again, we're flying to and driving from Geneva so would have snow tyres on the hire car. That week seems it might be busier than usual though as all the French schools (and many UK) are on holiday that week.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@snowhound,

Miravidi is very convenient. Boulangerie, shops, bars and lift pass office virtually on your doorstep, and about about a 50m walk to the snow. You can slide down to the Dahu and Vagere lifts. Also easy to ski back at end of the day. Lauzieres is handy for the snow but not as convenient for the amenities.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Thanks again, we're flying to and driving from Geneva so would have snow tyres on the hire car.

Not necessarily so and make sure you have snow chains. You are unlikely to need them, but you can always dream.

The drive up to Arc 1800 has 3 hairpin bends and a roundabout. It is very easy.

I will be at 1600 for at least part of that week.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy