Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good boot fitting service at Blues Edinburgh

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My son has finally outgrown his Rossignol Jr 65 in a size 22.5. They lasted well as he got them at the start of the 14/15 season and they have had a lot of use as he skis most weeks on the dry slope. Despite being well used they have held up remarkably well with all the buckles still intact and the liner in good nick. The shell looks a bit sad with the graphics smudged and scratched and the once gleaming white is now a dirty off-white. I'd considered getting the same again but felt he needed a slightly stiffer boot this time around. As it is the end of the season there was going to be much choice but as he will train and race throughout the summer he needed something.

At Blues he measured around 22 so he tried a pair of Lange RS 70 SC and Head Vector 70s in 23.5 but both were proving uncomfortable. He then tied Salomon, Fisher and a non-race Rossi but none were working. Ali was being very patient with him and persevered. My son said he wanted to try the Lange in a 24.5 but neither Ali nor I were too keen as on paper they would be too big but eventually relented. When he tried them on he said they were fine and kept telling us his foot was snug and not moving. I wasn't sure if he was telling the truth or just being a typical 8.5 year old and being determined to walk out of the shop with a new pair of boots but with no way to prove one way or the other I let him take them. Laughing Laughing Laughing If he does feel his feet moving Ali has suggested putting the original insole back in with the custom insole on top.

Although many will say that buying kids boots that are too big is the wrong think to do I'd suggest that it isn't always the case. I'm pretty sure that when he got the Rossis they were slightly too big for him but as he uses the boots a lot the liner adapted slowly as his feet grew.

I cannot fault the service from Blues. Ali was very good with him and very, very patient. Cool Cool Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy