Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

muvi k2 video play back jumping help please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am not very good with items like this and i thought i would be able to just get the thing out of its box and it would just work but I am finding out its not that simple. The camera is a Veho Muvi K2 and my problem is when i play back any video on my lap top it comes out very jumpy and jerky now i dont know if running Vista is my problem as when viewed through the LCD screen on rear of camera all is fine and smooth.Could anyone please advise as Veho have a very relaxed customer service where they will return my email in the next 48 hours which is when i am going on holiday, any help very welcome.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You maybe need to update the graphics drivers

or your laptop is not up to playing the footage, I assume it is 1080?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yep i was guessing as much it is 1080 if i drop it down to 720 it still does the same ???? so i will have to try in a better lap top and see what the outcome is thanks.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think the issue is with the laptop in some way, I've got the same thing on an old netbook. What age/spec is the laptop?

Other options are:
Try it on someone else's machine.
Try uploading it to Youtube as a private video (unless you don't mind other people watching it). Youtube will compress it a lot so probably make it easier to view (although the quality won't be as good).
If you've got a TV with a USB slot then try viewing it through that.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes @SnoodyMcFlude, I can watch the playback on the device itself so I will try the telly next,the lap top is near 10 year old so guess it's the weak link thanks for the advice.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@meandrew, yep, ten years old would mean it's almost certainly the problem. The other thing you might be able to do is stream to a smartphone or tablet, although I'm not too sure of the features of the Muvi
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah I tried the app and tbh it's stressing me out too much haha I'm going to leave it till I get the use of the wife's work laptop tomorrow if all else fails I get a new laptop aswell Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm determined not to be all consumed by it on my holiday which is on Sunday if it works it's a bonus and the camera is working fine so roll on La Plagne.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@meandrew, Have you tried playing the files using VLC.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@cad99uk, no what and how do i do that please?.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@meandrew, I use VLC and Windows Media player when I make our snowboard movies. VLC seems to handle many file formats and file sizes well
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.en_GB.html
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Brilliant I will have a bash at downloading and see what happens...I do think the lappy is ready for retirement still. Cheers.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy