Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another Ryanair post

Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking at flights Manchester to Milan for next few half term. Sauze D'Oulx.

They're coming out at £966 for five of us. I booked two years ago in December for the same week and it was over £200 cheaper than this. I've noticed that flights go down as well as up over time.

Do I book now and risk them going down??? Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Feb, not few.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to Snowheads @Mcnultym1971. No one can give you the answer to your question. Here is my suggestion Very Happy :-

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 7-04-16 9:22; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's almost always cheaper to book flights sooner rather than later.

Does that include your ski gear? If booking more than a month in advance, fly BA, the ticket costs 10% more than the budget airlines and you save it all in baggage fees.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tails never fails.....

Was just wondering if people had had experience of booking early and then being 'stung'....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2850178&highlight=easyjet#2850178
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just checked and BA are cheaper when bags and skis are included. Only problem is having to charge at LHR rather than being a direct flight.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I know you want to go to milan but we have just flown from manchester to munich direct with singapore airlines and got 30kg per person included- it didnt matter how many items you had so all skis and boots included. flight was amazing-kids wanted to stay on all way to singapore! think we paid £550 return for 4 of us. despite the fact we had a longer transfer to resort than if we had flown to innsbruck or zurich i would defo do again rather than fly ryanair or easyjet
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dp wrote:

That's what they'd like you to think. Far from an invariable rule IME. http://www.economist.com/blogs/gulliver/2010/08/when_buy_airline_tickets reckons 8 weeks ahead is optimum on average.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Mcnultym1971, why not look at Turin - much closer to Sauze.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
deerman wrote:
@Mcnultym1971, why not look at Turin - much closer to Sauze.

This
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No flights from Manchester. So either drive three hours from Milan or four to Stansted.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you were prepared to change then there are options to TRN.

There is a direct Jet2 flight on a Saturday from MAN to TRN but you'd need to remortgage the house to pay for it. Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dp wrote:

Does that include your ski gear? If booking more than a month in advance, fly BA, the ticket costs 10% more than the budget airlines and you save it all in baggage fees.

BA don't fly from Manchester AFAIK
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
halfhand wrote:
dp wrote:

They do, but not to most of Europe. They have flights to Heathrow for connections, or direct flights to several USA airports and some Scandinavian ones (Helsinki, Gothenburg, Billund), and to Dublin.
latest report
@Mcnultym1971, Have a look at [url]charterflights.co.uk[/url].

Alternatively, phone crystal and check what they would charge for flights and transfer.
snow report
Quote:

That's what they'd like you to think. Far from an invariable rule IME. http://www.economist.com/blogs/gulliver/2010/08/when_buy_airline_tickets reckons 8 weeks ahead is optimum on average.

this is correct - rule of thumb 8-12 weeks
snow conditions
alex_heney wrote:
halfhand wrote:
dp wrote:

They do, but not to most of Europe. They have flights to Heathrow for connections, or direct flights to several USA airports and some Scandinavian ones (Helsinki, Gothenburg, Billund), and to Dublin.

BA don't fly direct from Manchester to EU ski resorts rolling eyes
snow report
Quote:
Mcnultym1971, why not look at Turin - much closer to Sauze.
This.

^THIS!!!!!!!!^

AAAAAGH. Can someone please explain 'this'?? ie why people just write the word 'this' in response to a post?? What the hell does writing 'this' mean in response to someone making a perfectly sensible suggestion about flying to Turin Puzzled
ski holidays
If the price of an easyjet ticket drops after you book you can get the difference back as a credit against future flights.
latest report
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
This.

^THIS!!!!!!!!^

AAAAAGH. Can someone please explain 'this'?? ie why people just write the word 'this' in response to a post?? What the hell does writing 'this' mean in response to someone making a perfectly sensible suggestion about flying to Turin Puzzled

AAAAAGH. Can someone explain +1?? ie why people just write '+1' in response to a post?? What the hell does writing '+1' mean in response to someone making a perfectly sensible suggestion about flying to Turin :~?[/quote]

Same thing. Get with it.
snow report
Quote:

As of today, London Airways only fly to Heathrow, Billund and Gothenburg. One World partners may include other destinations.
snow report
There used to be a Ryanair trick.....

Look ahead to your leave date then go back and back and back until you find the cheap weeks. IE instead of £100 each way it was £1.

Then watch as the cheap week moved forward over the next few weeks and Hey-Presto!!!!!

One day it clicked in and the "free week" was at you flights. unfortunately, the website changed and it was a pain to do this.

I just booked my first RA flight in years today but didn't check.
ski holidays
Quote:

Look ahead to your leave date then go back and back and back until you find the cheap weeks. IE instead of £100 each way it was £1.

Then watch as the cheap week moved forward over the next few weeks and Hey-Presto!!!!!

One day it clicked in and the "free week" was at you flights. unfortunately, the website changed and it was a pain to do this.

Thanks for the heads-up, think it was in Viz "Top Tips" last month though.
ski holidays
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
This.

^THIS!!!!!!!!^

AAAAAGH. Can someone please explain 'this'??~/

This+1
snow report
SteveKirby wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for the heads-up, think it was in Viz "Top Tips" last month though.

What,,, the comic VIZ?

I used to do that when looking for flights to Norway because RA flew to Torp, next to my sisters town. Otherwise I never flew RA, on EJ and BA. It was about 4 years ago they changed the website and it was a pain, but I booked a flight for Thurs to Brussels with RA and I have to say, the booking process was simple and very nice. In the past you had to unstick a lot of things, now they have a business ticket that was only £20 more and gets a hold bag and speedy boarding etc etc etc. Really pretty simple experience.

I'm going agin to Norway so will see if my trick work on the new site.
snow conditions
Well the Ryanair site is great now.

Choose destination, then dates and along the top is a slider bar that you can pan along and see the flight prices. Really Really good.

A lot simpler than BA Happy who I always use for one reason......
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy