Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas skiing advice

Poster: A snowHead
Booked Les Arcs 200 for Xmas 2016.

Are restaurants and bars open on Xmas Day and Boxing Day?
Are ski lessons operating on Xmas Day and Boxing Day? - If not how do they manage group lessons that run for a week?
Are all ski lifts open (subject to weather of course)

Thanks in advance.

Mike.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I expect so. Last year in VT the whole resort was open, even to the extent that I was able to go to the Spar at 7pm to buy stuff Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
everything ran as usual when we went skiing at christmas, lessons etc all the same, if you are lucky there will be snow too Wink

Lessons may be ran different next christmas as the change over days might be different, probably best contact the school and see what they are doing.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just be careful if you are meat smuggling.

Other than that it is a pretty normal day.

Les Arcs 200 sounds pretty low NehNeh
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Everything will run/open as normal. The only difference is the slopes might be a bit quieter on xmas morning and lot's of people will come up with the novel idea of skiing in santa hats rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We were in Arc 2000 for Xmas a couple of years back, apart from restaurants being very busy on Xmas Eve (we booked a table in advance with a view of the sqare) pretty much everything was the same as a normal week (we were there the week before too). We did not do lessons but I don`t remember noting anything not operating as usual.

Xmas eve is the big French celebration and there was Santa's arrival in the square, fireworks and free hot wine/chocolate offered around.

I wrote a report somewhere and will post the link when I find it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Are restaurants and bars open on Xmas Day and Boxing Day?

Yes, but will close early and/or be very expensive Christmas eve
Quote:

Are ski lessons operating on Xmas Day and Boxing Day?

Yes, all as normal
Quote:

Are all ski lifts open

Yes, all as normal.

I think the UK is the only place that closes down completely for Christmas
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Found the report http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2435740&highlight=arc+2000#2435740
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Meat smuggling? No problem taking meat to France, I think. I usually have frozen turkey crown, butchers sausages and bacon.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks guys. And yes, I meant 2000. Thinking snow may be more likely up there.

We're in a catered chalet so restaurants can be as busy as they want xmas eve.

I like the sound of fireworks and drinks. Do you know if this is early evening or later towards midnight. I am thinking the kids would enjoy fireworks if the time is OK.

Not sure about the meat reference but I will be smuggling some of England's finest cheddar. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Mike-H, They were very early evening the year we were there, aimed at the kiddies with lots of excited small children watching in the square!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Mike-H, I think that someone who lives in Switzerland was visited by his parents last year for Christmas, they travelled via France into Switzerland and got pinged an enormous sum in the way of duty and a fine for the meat they were taking for the festive meal.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@CaravanSkier, Thanks for the info and for posting the link to your review. I laughed at the comment about Esprit kids making a lot of noise. That will be my kids at Christmas Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mike-H, They made my Aunts day! She loved watching and listening to them. My own 3 grumpy offspring (20 somethings!) were not always so chuffed at being disturbed in the mornings rolling eyes Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Meat smuggling? No problem taking meat to France, I think. I usually have frozen turkey crown, butchers sausages and bacon.

Just us Swiss who are a pain about bringing in meat, dairy etc.
Sad
ski holidays
@CaravanSkier, Having young kids means we're up early and on the first lifts most days while the kids are doing the warm ups with the Esprit staff. Thanks again for the information. My wife is really looking forward to Christmas Eve fireworks now with a warming drink in hand.
snow conditions
Swissie wrote:
Quote:

Just us Swiss who are a pain about bringing in meat, dairy etc.
Sad

Sorry, I was not sure on the law if driving if you could transport meat thru Switzerland, but remembered someone being fined hundreds for having a turkey.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy