Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggest some new skis for my wife

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm hoping those amongst us that understand equipment far better than me will be able to opine on the below.

My wife's skis are on their last legs so we took the opportunity to hire some last week to try out. Now the pair she really liked was some Atomic D2 73 and we hoped to be able to buy a new pair but the shop didn't have any (I guess they may have stopped making them). Strangely, despite indicating we were interested in buying skis, the shop didn't seem to be that bothered about suggesting an equivalent.

For 151mm length they were 116/73/101

Can anyone suggest a suitable alternative ?

Just as a bit of background, my wife is technically a pretty good skier but as she gets older her sense of confidence decreases / sense of self-preservation increases. Occasionally I'll get her down an itinerary or mogulled run where after the row at the top she'll admit she enjoyed it (but followed with a warning to not take her down another one again !) and she rarely feels the need to ski at any great speed although I did catch her in a pretty decent tuck during last week which we laughed about. She's about 162cm in height btw.

If you need to know anything more, please just ask
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got Atomic Cloud D2 73 which I may be persuaded to sell. However they are 167cm so way too long. They're a good piste ski and can handle varying snow conditions with ease.

They sound like the right type of skis for her and I think the latest Atomic equivalent is Cloud 9.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You could also look at Dynastar Active 9 or possibly 10.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy