Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in April 2017

Poster: A snowHead
Hi we are two families (1 mum and 3 children each) looking to go skiing in April next year. Our Easter holidays begin on the 08/04 - where would be snow sure and good for beginners and early intermediates. We've seen a good deal for Les Arcs will there still be snow. Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've skied in April many times at various places. Generally there is no issue but if you want to book early and be confident there will be plenty to go at Les Arcs/La Plagne is a good option. I've certainly been out starting around the 9th/10th April in a warm spring and it was manageable when others wouldn't have been.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can't expect day long " winter" snow conditions in mid April but there are lots of compensations.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Isola 2000 in S France is excellent for beginners. Being a purpose built resort it is all 'ski in- ski out' so not much walking needed. They are usually open till mid April, and the snow stays well, and is reliable and well managed. This year they still have 1.20m on lower slopes, 1.50m on upper. Check it out on www.J2ski.com.
Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi @Gillap, I've decided on Obergurgl, with Esprit.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In mid April I'd not go to a resort which wasn't billed to be open for at least a week or so beyond my holiday dates. Preferably more.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Val D'Isere or Tignes.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowheads68 wrote:
Val D'Isere or Tignes.

Which is where we have booked for 16 apr. again Esprit.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the advice everyone much appreciated.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Aosta Valley?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've had nice skiing in e.g. Avoriaz 22.April. Today up La Balme (Chamonix) was pleasant on piste, a little un thawed off piste.

As @pam w says, I'd go somewhere that's advertised to stay open for a couple of weeks later...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Les Deux Alpes is a good bet. Guaranteed snow and a glacier. We have just returned from our 3rd Easter trip. The lower slopes can get fairly poor but there are lifts down if the snow is too poor to ski back down. We are planning to go again next Easter.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 4-04-16 22:48; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Obergurgl would be ideal for you. I go at Easter every year and have never had problems with a lack of snow.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
In Obergurgl currently and despite the warm weather all over Europe the skiing is still pretty decent. No queues and pistes that suit beginners/intermediates. Have a brilliant time, wherever you end up!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Gillap, you could have a look at some of the Scandinavian resorts. Many stay open until the end of April each year.
latest report
If it was me I'd stick to places just with higher slopes, why pay for lower slopes you'd unlikely ski at that time of year unless you're lucky with the weather? So I wouldn't choose Les Arcs (unless a very good deal and based in Les Arcs 1950/2000) or La Plagne (unless very good deal based in Belle Plagne) or Chamonix or Portes du Soleil (even Avoriaz unless very good deal) or Les Deux Alpes (as slopes around the town may be a problem even if higher up is good) but Obergurgl or Isola 2000 or Val d'Isere/Tignes or Oberteaurn or Katschberg or Kuthai or Saas Fee or similar should be good. If you can wait until last minute and assess the snow situation obviously options could be far greater.
ski holidays
Les Deux Alps would be fine unless you are one of those sad people whose self esteem is threatened by downloading in a lift.
ski holidays
@pam_w, but do you not consider the convenience or price factor. For LDA there is some decent beginner/early intermediate terrain towards the glacier so it's not a bad choice but if you could find somewhere where you were less likely to require a lift down at the end of the day (with the potential associated queues) would you not do so and why choose somewhere with a large area and expensive lift pass unless you can use most of it?
snow report
Quote:
Les Deux Alps would be fine unless you are one of those sad people whose self esteem is threatened by downloading in a lift
Closed runs....ducking under ropes....unskiable, churned up by piste basher runs....walking the last half mile on grass/rock/mud after the snow rus out....Who on earth would do anything like that instead of just getting a lift down?? Shocked wink Laughing

(Hello counsellor? I seem to have these major self esteem issues.... Embarassed)
snow conditions
We had beautiful weather in Obergurgl during April - snowed most nights and lovely sun skiing during the day.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy