Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The First Skis You Owned

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Back approx 18 years ago my first skis were Rossignol B2's, described as an expert all mountain ski at 76mm underfoot and a foam core that turned to noodles 4 years in.

Then Nordica Enforcer 98s at 178 cm which were my only ski for about 8 years.

Now on Nordica Dobermann SL skis at 165cm, Elan FIS sponsored race GS at 182cm for when the pistes are empty, Nordica Enforcer Free 104mm 179cm (truly amazing all round ski with a 17.5m radius which carves at high speed like a demon yet blasts off piste) and the powder monsters, Bent Chetler 120mm at 185cm length, another pretty good all rounder but hard to carve on piste all day.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
First skis I owned were a used pair of Roy

I then progress to Dynastar Course Junior, the white ones , the last with the strawberries on the tips

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Started with K2 Shreditor 92, now usually ski Armada ARV 106s
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmm,

Back in the days behind the Iron Curtain, I started off on a pair of ATOMIC RC - locally made, 200cm monsters. As I got better my dad bought me a pair of Atomic ARC Bionic Module Technic 208cm... Various used pairs came and went, but they were always Atomic...

Now on Atomic BC 120 in 193 and Rossi Sky7 HD 188 with Quiver Killer inserts and Shifts. Still have a pair of Atomic Sugar Daddies 193 with Dukes and pair of Sporten Weeds 191 with Tyrolia Adrenalin 16s...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some rental Volkls I got for like 50 bucks. Two weeks after that I got some very decent Line Supernaturals 92 though.

I still have both pairs back at my friends shed back in Banff (I hope so) Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
K2 Burnin' Luv- purchased at the Ski Show before I headed off for my first (and only) season as a chalet "girl" in 2005/06.
There were so many around, I wrote my initials on them in indelible marker pen. Sold them about 4 years later. Women's skis with flowers on...ugh... rolling eyes

A few years ago Mr P spotted them -still bearing my initials, and still being skied.

Since then-I've have been a bit of a ski shopaholic...So the complete list would be embarrassingly long.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Idris wrote:
First skis I owned were a used pair of Roy

I then progress to Dynastar Course Junior, the white ones , the last with the strawberries on the tips

I borrowed a pair of Omeglass for an Italian holiday in 1976/77 - they were great skis. And my beloved Course GS went in the Hippo Bag just a few weeks ago!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy