Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia - Dragon Hotel

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone stayed here as we have read to very conflicting reports. First one saying best ski holiday ever, Second one saying don't touch it with a barge pole.....? Confused. Puzzled

If anyone has any info on this it would be much appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never stayed here, but you will always have conflicting reports with everything. Sometimes better to go and see for yourself.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Best/worst ski holiday ever could easily be determined just as much by snow conditions as the hotel. They certainly would be for me not the hotel where by & large I'd just shower,eat & sleep.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I tend to agree with you fatbob but the Mrs is a bit fussy!!! rolling eyes

We stayed at Des Guides hotel last year and it was small ,dingy and she had to stand on a chair to look out of the window!

This place sounds better just a bit worried that it is over a pub and we wouldnt get any peace.....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Check ou Castelli apartments. Cheap + just the job. It usually works out at about 25Euro a night when we go for a weekend. The people who run it are really nice,
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The_Mac_Daddy, Been there for a drink at night, seems to be the main bar in the resort, so won't be peaceful, but handy for the nightlife. It backs onto the run that has a very long drag lift that avoids having to walk up the village and 100's of steps to the lift station. Or you can take another one and ski down to the lift station. It is also where many people finish their days skiing. We haven't met anyone that stayed there though, as the tour operators don't use it, so can't tell you anymore I'm afraid but avoid the La Pineta appts. at all costs!!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hello there! Smile
i am staying in the Dragon in March and it would be helpful to know where about it is located?
I have booked ski school for the whole week so obvioulsy need to be near there meeting point
i have heard this is beside the slopes?---cable car or cretaz lifts?
i can ski blues and most reds
if this hotel if beside the cretaz lifts is it possible for me to ski to the ski school meeting point at the top of the plan maison cable car? Puzzled
thanks
p.s they also offered me the hotel breuil please tell me if you think i would be better going there
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jollykay, Food in the Breuil is reported to be bad, and some said it was cold there, so you made a good choice. Some of the ski schools meet outside the Dragon, as there is a nursery slope opposite, but most meet at plan maison. There is a drag lift near the Dragon, but it's a long one! I'm not sure if you can drop off this and then ski down to the gondala that takes you up to plan maison (hence avoiding the up hill walk) or there is a seperate shorter drag that allows you to do this, but the run is the end of red one, and not the easiest red. I chucked the piste map out so can't tell you more. We stayed up the hill in a hotel next to the lift station, so never had to start the lifts from where you are, but plenty did make the walk up hill to the liift station, so perhaps that's an indication that the drag up and the run down, isn't so good! If you go to http://www.cervinia.it/sezioni/webcam/webcam.lasso?sezione=osservatorio# and check on the picture called Campetto Cretaz you will see the hotels that back onto the slope. The dragon is just near that little arch thing you can see (it's an inflatable on the nursery slope for the kids) I can't see a piste map on the site. At the end of the day, you can ski down a blue run from plan maison right to the door of the Dragon, and it's a lovely run if the snow is good.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks sharon1958 very helpful! Very Happy
snow report
 brian
brian
jollykay,

Have a look on here http://bergbahnen.zermatt.ch/e/skigebiet/cervinia.html

The Dragon is at the foot of the tows marked 'a' and 'b'. You can take 'a' up and ski down the last bit of the red "3bis" which will take you to the Plan Maison cable car base.

The run down from the Theodulpass to Plan Maison is a big wide cruisertastic treat of a red snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just while I have e the chance I'm happy to diss the Brueil in Cervinia. Long tale of woe three years ago. If its changed hands then it could be better. PM me if you want to hear it. No experience of the Dragon
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty, well it hadn't changed hands in 2005 ! And the Astoria is a nightmare too, people (including us) only stay there because it's right next to the cable station. Food is well below average, pasta & pork every day, no lounge, no tv in room, cleaner used our loo, and rooms where filthy! We complained and got some money refunded on our return, but it didn't compensate Sad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty, Is the Astoria the sister hotel accross the road from the Brueil ?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So are there any reasonable hotels in Cervinia Happy So far ones to avoid are the Breuil, the Astoria and Des Guides.

I've heard that the Grivola is supposed to be okay?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty, No, it's the one that you walk past after you come up the steps to the gondala/cable station. Has chairs outside for lunch when it's sunny. The visitors at lunch time get food that the residents never see!! The_Mac_Daddy, if you put that name into google with the word "review" you might find a site that has hotel reviews on from the public.
snow report
Sort of related. Cervinia is the quietest apres ski place I've ever been. One piano bar and not much else.
snow conditions
NickW, well my lads managed a few nights in the Copa Pan bar, and there is a nightclub called the White Rabbit, plus the Dragon, but yes, I would agree, it's a family resort really. That's why this year we are going to Saalbach/Hinterglemm for some real table dancing apres fuelled by Glühwein - 4 weeks & 2 days to go!!
ski holidays
Have not stayed at the Dragon but have eaten there and drunk in there - it was okay, but nothing special.
latest report
can any tell me the location of the dragon? and if you know how to get to the cable car from it thanks! Very Happy
ski holidays
and also how long it takes
latest report
jollykay, read the threads from the beginning!
snow report
Go to Al Piolet, cheap + basic but new and right on the slopes. Can't complain and the guy that owns its brother has a ski rental across the street and you get discount. Go there.
snow conditions
lol sorry sharon Embarassed
ski holidays
jollykay, wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy