Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl - Reasonable half board hotels

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
Im really wanting to ski in Austria snowHead . My friends are hard to drag away from France due to size of ski areas and convenience, and also the lower cost pre-arrival (i.e. hotel/appartment and flights). Ischgl would be one of few austrian resorts that I think matches our wish lists (big ski area, relatively snow sure, good apres etc) but also have Saalbach, Solden and St Anton in mind. Just wondering if anyone knows any reasonable cost (<100 euro a night) half board hotels in central ischgl (i.e. walking distance to lifts). Looking for half board as it solves the frustration we have every year of where we go for dinner Very Happy . Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It will be close to impossible to find <100 euro/night for a bed and breakfast in central Ischgl.
Your friends (and many others) might think France is topnotch.
People who know the best resorts in Austria know that France is lacking in many aspects. And thus the prices...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Look at the Chalethotel Abendrot run by Ski Total. Lovely place, very reasonably priced for Ischgl but as a consequence gets booked up very quickly.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Looking for half board as it solves the frustration we have every year of where we go for dinner

...and yet going out to all the different restaurants is part of the enjoyment for us (and our guests).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, absolutely. I dislike being forced to eat in the same place every night. Much nicer to have a variety.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try the Alpenrose but don't tarry. When I was researching Ischgl I discovered that some hotels were booked ahead for years and not just for Xmas and Easter.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Best bet is b and b or self catering. Lots of great restaurants for evening meal.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Alpenrose is the only 2 star hotel in town offering half board. Pretty much all others are 4 star and above. B&B is the best bet but even that doesn't come cheap.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not Half board

But Myself and a few others stayed here http://www.gidishof.com/en1/gidishof-in-ischgl/
Its a Basic B&B ,very clean comfortable and quiet ,next to the Silvrettabahn lift and less than minutes walk to the shops/bars
And at 59.50 Euros a night ,you wont find much cheaper
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy