Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine or Argentiere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, flights all booked to Geneva for a four day weekend next week, just got to sort the accommodation.

Managed a day in Argentiere a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Spent a week in Flaine some time ago, also really enjoyed but from memory it's difficult to compare the two.

Just looking for on piste fun, good long reds and blacks.

Anybody spent and reasonable time in both resorts lately and have a preference or opinion? Or have another option?

Cheers Snowheads
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We are off for a long weekend on 1st April too! As you say, this is a bit like comparing apples and pears. For on piste fun, I think I'd take the Flaine option, though if the weather warms up the mush quota will be higher.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Argentiere epic if you want off piste.

Flaine a better bet for on piste.

Why the binary option?

I'd go Morzine myself...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah, thought about Morzine, spent many summers there and loved it but never seemed to appeal as a winter option, maybe because it's even lower and I've tended to go away a Xmas recently.

Am I missing something? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Coco, yeah but that time of year you just head up Avoriaz/Linga/etc. frankly you can probably still have a lovely day up Mont Cherie.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't know Argentiere at all, but can confirm that the pistes in Flaine are still in really good condition. The snow top up earlier this month means there's plenty of snow for them to push around if any of the pistes get a bit thin, but really not much sign of that at the moment. Although it's reasonably warm, there is no slush at higher levels at all, even late in the afternoon.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You know you've spent too long at work staring at a computer screen when you read this threat title as "Flange or Argentiere" !
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@sj1608, even it being a weird winter and all would you expect slush higher up?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Wrekingirl, I read it as Flaine or Argentina. Time I took my contact lenses out .....
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@under a new name, either last year or the year before (can't remember which), when the snow cover was much thinner, it was slushy higher up on sunny warm days. I guess that because there's plenty of 'bulk' to hold the temps down on the actual snow that keeps it firm.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@sj1608, Yes, actually, southfacing I can see (have seen) that, even quite high up.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy