Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix lift pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off to Argentiere at the weekend for a 2 week trip. We being a family of 4, 2 adults, 17 year old and 14 year old. We will probably be looking to buy 14 day Mont Blanc unlimited passes as they look like the best value although my wife probably won't ski every day.
Couple of questions - Anyone know of special deals available (seems unlikely) it looks like the family pass isn't an option as oldest is 17 (not that that means he's suddenly contributing to the family budget!).
It looks like the 14 day passes need a photo. Do we need to provide this or do they take the pics at the lift office?
Do we need to go to a particular office or do they all sell the 14 day passes? We will probably aim for a gentle first day in Les Houches so would ideally buy at the Prarion lift office.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We got a buy 2 adults get 3 kids free for 6 day passes for Mont Blanc evasion , don't know if they do it for unlimited
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kids are up to 15.

Your best bet could be the chamonix rapidcard, which costs 50 euro and you can buy at any ticket office I think.

Each day is 46 euro no matter where you go and you get the 7th day free.

There is also a special offer at the moment where monday to friday is 33 euro until the end of the season!

so... Assuming you get there on sat, start skiing sun and ski 13 days if you are out for two weeks, of which only three will be at the weekend, it will cost....

sunday 46+(5x33) then free day on saturday, then sunday 46+(5x33) so... 472 euro including the cost of the 50 euro down payment.

whereas a 13 day pass is 527 euro (and you would need three)or 450 odd for your 14 year.

Also of course, with the rapidcard, if you don't ski, you don't pay, so if the weather means there are only a couple of lifts open, or you want a rest day, you won't spend 120 odd euro not skiing.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@smithaldo, I had considered the Rapidcard but when I did my sums the 14 day (we'll be skiing the final Saturday) still worked out a bit cheaper at 40 euros a day (assuming we ski each day) plus it includes Courmayeur and Megeve . However if they are offering 33 euros for weekdays that does change the calculation. I've looked online but can't see any mention of the 33 euro offer, do you have a link to it? The Rapidcard also has the advantage of not being such a painful up front hit on the credit card!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RapidCards are great if you don't ski every day. You don't get the free day out in EvasionMB but you do get your 7th day free and there are occasional, unannounced, offers. You also get cheaper 'spring' rates from 9th April.

Also note that you have to book online (including uploading a mugshot) and then have them posted or collect in the office by the station for the little Montenvers train that goes up the mountain.

http://www.compagniedumontblanc.co.uk/en/lift-passes/chamonix-rapidcard

Chamonix must offer the most complicated lift pass options in the world!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the 33 euro thing was sent in an email that I am looking at now on my phone and is mon-fri until may 1st.

Perhaps e-mail the compaigne du mont blanc and ask if it works for new cards as well as existing ones?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@smithaldo, thanks will do
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you buy on the internet I thought it worked out 6 days for 7 on the full MBU pass, so better than buying in the office.

re rapidcard - if you go that route, a) you can register kids as students which is cheaper (no upfront fee), and b) I probably have a discount code kicking around to get you off the initial E50 fee.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@altis I think you can actually just rock up and buy them, as a guy did it when I was stopping at skistation.

I think he did it at montenvers, but I know i had to mess about swapping mine for a new one that worked with the new lifts as it was a couple of years old, and I just did that at grand montets, so you can in fact probably do it anywhere.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@smithaldo, you certainly couldn't on 5th April last year:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=118768
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@snowdave, discount code would be handy if you do have. The MBU pass is cheaper online if you're buying up to 9 days as you get a free day but from 10 days on it's the same at the offices and they are not possible to buy online.
I emailed Compagnie Mont Blanc yesterday but no reply as yet!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I asked CMB about rapidcard as altis peaked my interest in terms of 'what they say' v 'what they do' and buying rapidcard at the office as it were.

They said you have to buy rapidcards on-line, which is very strange as the guy in cham definitley got one from montveners!

Maybe a case of who you get at the ticket offices and whether they say 'computer says no'.

or he was a very charming chap so perhaps used that to get what he wanted Very Happy

So maybe just get them on-line before you go and pick them up in the morning to be sure! (if that's what you are doing)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy