Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CP and Steeper terrian!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello good afternoon,

I have just returned from two weeks skiing in Fernie - Amazing but steep hence my following question hoping to seek some advice. I have mild Cerebral Palsy (CP) I ski without any adaptive equipment just two planks of wood!, ok I have gone for slightly more flexible skis. Due to my CP I have little / no ankle flex. While skiing in Fernie on Blues and some black runs I noticed that my left turn is weaker, thus my skis run across the hill longer as I find it hard to apply the edge pressure as easy as I can on my right side. My left side is weaker I am going to gym and doing single leg exercises to try and strengthen it before next season. I have noticed that my left keen is less stable. My question is would a keen brace help with the stability, thus transfer of pressure ? I focus on lowering my centre of gravity, thus getting more weight on the downhill ski. Is there any more techniques I can try to strengthen my left turn ? Please note I have custom boots and have already reduced the flex.

Any ideas / suggestions welcomed.. I fund Fernie one of the most challenging resorts I have skied compared to France and Austria.

Kind regards,

Peter
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a device called a "ski mojo" which is designed to give sketchy old knees some support, you might find that it may help you. You might be able to borrow or hire one to try in a snow dome or dry slope near you. I'd get in touch with DSUK and see if they can offer some advice or suggest where you can borrow one from. I would suggest you book a lesson with an adaptive instructor when you try it for the first time as you may need some help to get the hang of it and without any suggestion in your post of whether or not you have any weakness in your wrists/hands you may also need help to get the thing fastened.
Good luck.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy