Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bansko, Bulgaria 20 March 16

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A large dump and follow on snow showers before the weekend means that most slopes have lots of snow right now. The weather is very sunny and warm but even on the nursery slopes there is enough snow. At the end of the main gondola you can see the odd rock in places but there is snow where there should be and there is no snow in Bansko itself (a plus when shopping).

A perfect time to come out. Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
21 Mar 16 - clouding over, more snow forecast.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
22nd March - 18 degrees in the main town/bottom of gondola, 9.3 degrees at the top of the main gondola. 0.8 degrees on the top slopes. The snow fell as rain and the snow on the nursery slopes is soggy, with major slush puppy by the restaurants. I suspect it fell as snow higher up but haven't been there myself. There is still more than enough to ski/board on from the end of the main gondola upwards and a little more actual snow is forecast.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Raining hard everywhere below 2200m. Strong winds and snow above. Go high for snow, gondola level slopes look sodden.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Wobbler, how are the lift queues?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great day today! The top of the gondola is soggy everywhere after last night's storm. However, above 2000m there is masses of new snow with powder at the top. Make sure your gear is waterproof - I have never been so wet on the slopes before - lower lifts are not much fun in the wind and snow/sleet/rain. Temperatures are colder tonight and although reasonably clear now there is a little more snow forecast at the top.

@NickyJ - I've been getting to the gondola before nine every day and have had no queue at all other than Monday when everyone got their hire gear at the same time. I hear queues do build at the end of the day though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AWESOME day today. Much colder here, sub-zero everywhere from gondola up with -10oC at the top. The top of the gondola area which was all slush puppy is frozen solid. Powder at the top, lots of new snow everywhere else. Icy in the morning but softened nicely by the afternoon. Brilliant sunshine after a slightly cloudy morning. WInd more gentle and the paragliders where out. They land on/near a pistol range apparently; a more extreme sport than I thought.

(@NickyJ again - A few people ahead of me on the gondola this morning; about 15? Hardly worth calling a queue though. Might be different next week when it's half term so get up early...))
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy