Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Favourite last day caper?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
When you can just about afford an activity that is a little more exciting, a little more riskier, on the last day of your ski holiday, which one is your favourite or one you'd really like to do? What ones have you done? Which ones wouldn't you do?

For example, skiing or snowboarding:

1) in fancy dress - e.g. a Michelin/marshmallow man outfit, gorilla suit, James Bond/henchman outfit, etc.
2) across a pond (having removed mobile phone, etc.)
3) up a jump onto an air bag
4) in a swimsuit (or topless/naturist)
5) in formation, e.g. caterpillar/train
6) in big feet, on scooters, on a rubber ring, or other dubious contraption
7) off a cliff with parachute, or parapenting, or similar airborne activity
8 ) on a snowboard (if a skier), or on skis (if a snowboarder)
9) a black run (or couloir, cliff drop, etc) you've never quite yet had the gumption to do
10) off-piste (guided, of course), Vallee Blanche, etc.
11) via helicopter
12) whilst towed by horse, 4x4, skidoo, etc.
13) whilst blindfolded but guided by companion
14) on only a single ski, or without rear snowboard binding
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

Passo on the last day Smile good times
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've done 8,10,12. More than once, not on the last day of a trip either.

#9 I would never do that on last day. I'd prefer to tackle anything difficult on day 2 or 3. Because if I succeed, I want to go back a few more times and actually ENJOY it. If I only does it on the last day, I'll never know if I was just lucky to have survived it, or I could legitimately ski it properly!

#2 & 4 I haven't done yet but it's mostly a lack of opportunity. Don't need to be the last day of the trip either. I'll do it any day if I happen upon the chance.

#13 I would LOVE to do that. Never got the chance. If there's someone I could trust to guide me, I'd do it on first day of a trip if need be!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@abc, ski blindfolded, really? I find it hard enough when I can see the bumps coming...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, I've not got the opportunity to try it yet. Will report back when (if?) I do get the chance.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Instructor in Lake Louise today told us that they ski blindfold as an exercise. It followed on from the comment not to look at the snow in front of you but to have your head up and look one or even two turns ahead; feel the snow, don't look at it (looks can deceive!). He said it amplifies all your bad habits and is a brutally effective training technique.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy