Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Picking up keys in Courchevel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Please could someone offer some advice about Courchevel. We have booked an appartment in 1850 and have a minibus transfer booked from the airport. We have just received the instructions for collecting the keys to the apartment which is from an agency in 1550 after 17:00.

My vision at the moment is that the minibus will drop us off outside our apartment at about 14:00 with bags. We then hang around for about 3 hours with all our kit (maybe make an igloo out of bags) until I catch the free lift of bus down to 1550 to get the key. I googled 'left luggage' and I couldn't find any in 1850. It seems more and more like the only option is to drive to resorts unless you are staying in a hotel. Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tell them you are arriving at 14.00
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's very common to have to wait till 4or 5 to pick up keys. Usually you don't have to vacate till 10am and there are hundreds of apartments to be cleaned. It's well worth asking if you can get keys earlier but you won't be the only ones asking. Fingers crossed!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In my experience if you explain the situation they can often find somewhere for you to leave luggage while you go skiing.

Ask to talk to the manager if the receptionist plays dumb. Helps if you have some French.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks everyone. I am waiting for the UK travel agent to come back to me but I will phone the French agency before we go. I can speak some French, sometime I don't understand the answers Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A French agency in Courchevel should be OK in English. Have the transfer company estimated a 1400 arrival? Must be an early start from home...

A pain having to pick up a key in a different part of the resort!

I do remember once hanging around in Mottaret with three kids waiting to pick up keys. In the rain.....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That was my estimate on the arrival, it took 3 hours last year from Geneva to VT at Easter. Very early start from Bristol. We booked very late due to a knee issue being unexpectedly sorted out (tested at Tamworth). The forecast at the moment for next weekend looks very warm which is better than rain!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Solved by Ski Amis who have arranged for the transfer minibus to take us to get the keys at 3ish Happy
Thanks everyone now hoping it doesn't rain at the end of the week!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy