Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Above the inside knee bruising

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this? A total beginner (and so snowploughing) adult with proper blue bruising just above the knee and higher on the inner leg, not as the result of a fall/knock? Started on day 1 and has continued/worsened on day 2.

Could this be the boots?? It's higher than the boot cuff obviously... only on one leg...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@miranda, are they on any medication that might cause bruising.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @Hells Bells, will check. They are in their 20s. Not very athletic.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's a long shot, but could it have been caused by a button lift?

The only time I bruised the inside of my leg, was from the side of the uphill ski when subsiding sideways. I realise you said that it wasn't the result of a fall, but we usually fall on our weaker side (and a beginner subsides a lot, which is not usually seen as a proper fall).

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 19-03-16 18:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Old Fartbag, ski edge or binding was my thoughts too.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys - problem is I didn't seem them ski and they don't think it was the result of a knock or fall but the fact that it's one side, above the cuff made me immediately think it was the result of some knock of some sort. They did say that they 'sat' (i.e. subsided rather than taking a tumble) and then took absolutely forever to get up - I think you must be spot on.

Interestingly, the skier was having some issues and flagged down some pisteurs going uphill on a skidoo. The pisteurs said they could take the skier down but that would be classed as 'a rescue', so instead they took the skier to the top of the chairlift so they could come down the mountain for free!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Are they having lessons? If not, sounds like they should be. wink I agree it could be a button lift. But if they fell and took ages to get up they could well have been sitting on an edge, as suggested above. One of the more painful falls I've had was on XC skis. I fell onto an edge which impacted my coccyx exactly where I'd had a couple of falls on (or rather off...) a snowboard a couple of days previously. Embarassed
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
miranda wrote:
Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this? A total beginner (and so snowploughing) adult with proper blue bruising just above the knee and higher on the inner leg, not as the result of a fall/knock? Started on day 1 and has continued/worsened on day 2.

Could this be the boots?? It's higher than the boot cuff obviously... only on one leg...

Bruising on the inside of the knee without apparent injury probably a direct blow from ski edge.
If the medial ligament was injured enough to cause bruising the knee would be very sore and difficult to ski on.

Jonathan Bell
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy