Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SKI TOURING BOOT ADVICE

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I currently have a pair of DYNAFIT ZERO4U ski Touring boots which are 3-4 years old. They are great for the accent but for the descent I always feel that ,although I always get down safely, my skiing never
feels great with these lighter ski boots. (I know its a trade off) Anyway I understand there are now heavier ski touring boots which are much closer to Alpine ski boots and give an excellent descent .
The trade off is the extra weight which I would be happy with. I would be very grateful if anyone could recommend any heavier ski touring boots which give better downhill performance
and also if anyone has any experience of these heavier boots I would appreciate hearing your views of them.

thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@brnttptr, I've been using scarpa meastrale rs boots for two seasons. It's light enough and really great on the down. So long as they suit the shape of your feet ( no good for flat feet) I would recommend them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ibob Thanks very much for that . They are on the shortlist !
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've used Tecnica Cochise, and currently have Atomic Waymaker Tours. Both are fairly light, around 1.6kg per boot in the standard 27 size, and are biased towards the down. You can also get the Waymaker in heavier plastics up to a 130 flex, and just install the tech sole plates.

Other models to look at in the same category are:

K2 Pinnacle
Scarpa Freedom SL & RS
Salomon MTN Lab

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 20-03-16 13:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I got the K2 Pinnacle 130 this season having previously been on Dynafit Titans and they are a big improvement on the down. Feel the same as an Alpine boot.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have been skiing the Salomon MTN labs and think thry are fab up and down
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MTN all the way, fits all but the narrowest of feet with te right liner and have no real issues fitting it to the widest, highest insteps with the right tools.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As a cheaper option I just bought a pair of Salomon Quest 110s in a sale as a compromise between my softish touring boots and my stiff piste boots (which I do short skins in). For general off piste and jumping they seem fine, I haven't toured in them yet but at 1940 grams each they would be fine for half days.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@PowderAdict Thanks for the recommendations. Much appreciated.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@BobinCH,@CH20,@Scarpa Thanks everyone for the feedback it's much appreciated.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy