Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Surprise last minute trip help required.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My wife surprised me last night with a suggestion that we can do an end of season long weekend.My dilemma is where to go ,probably leaving on Thursday 7 th after work and must be back in London on Sunday night ,maybe first thing Monday 11 th as wife works in central London she may be able to go straight to work from Heathrow.I realise lots of resorts will be closing around this time and I have been to a few places at this time over the last few years but really need somewhere easy to get to from an airport.May be able to do the following weekend if there is anywhere with good conditions.Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Angus og, so

First question is flights.

If there aren't any flights, you aren't going anywhere...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Flights not a problem
I can get in and out of Milan and possibly Munich on miles.
There are also flights to Geneva ,Zurich,Turin not on miles but not too prices.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If looking at Geneva nearby, you want to be reasonably high. Snow pretty much non-existent below 1,200m.

Avoriaz
Chamonix
Flaine

Milan/Turin

Monterosa will probably be Ok, but probably on piste only actually, they usually close weekend after Easter so check openings

Cervinia would be fine I guess.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Maybe fly to Geneva and rent a car, staying in Sallanches, within easy reach of a range of options. Les Contamines would be a good bet but weekend accommodation might be difficult.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@pam w, how's the snow round your neck of the woods?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Would the Dolomites be an option. Couldn't find closing dates on dolomiti super ski website. Have e mailed ski2 in champluc to find out if they are still open.cervinia /zermatt would be another option although I think my wife would appreciate Zermatt more than Cervinia
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Angus og,
Apart from those mentioned I would say Verbier /Le Chable / Nendaz is pretty accessible from Geneva and usually has good end of season snow. I hope so as I will be there that week.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Angus og, Monterosa last day 10 April
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dolomites feasible but longer drive. Bergamo closest I think.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chamonix!

It's close to Geneva
It'll have snow
It'll have rooms for short stays

If you fancy a chalet short stay then check out Rude Chalets (transfers included).

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sat 19-03-16 18:06; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@under a new name, snow in my neck of the woods is good, though just starting to feel springlike in certain times and places. Top of Notre Dame de Bellecombe is excellent and very quiet.

A week or two of warm weather though......? Some lower runs in the Arly Valley might be closing or not worth bothering with.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Slight change of plan.my wife has to go to Bangalore on the 10 th so we can't go until Friday the 15th.I am guessing that will rule out most of Italy .The good news is that flights will not be a problem as all Easter holidays are over by then.Where will be open at that time.I am thinking Ischgl,tignes ,Zermatt,obergurgl and I see Sierra Nevada are opening until May 1st but am open to any good ideas.cheers.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Angus og, not sure it necessarily rules out most of Italy but I'd be looking close to Geneva.

I'd say Chamonix or Flaine. Cham probably easier for accom.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Pierre et Vacances Residence in Flaine has availability for the new dates.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy