Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR: Sauze D'oulx me and my girls - PICTURES!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Arrived Friday night 26 Feb at 10 pm in Turin, non stop KLM from Amsterdam. Rented car, one hour later in Oulx, 3 km from the lift. Got up early Saturday morning. Dropped the girls and gear off at the bottom of the Sportina lift. I parked car in the covered car park (7 EUR per day), and made the 15-20 minute uphill hike back up to the Sportina lift. Lifties loaded our gear on the lift, and we checked ourselves into Orso Bianco.

We went out a made a few runs. Conditions weren't very good, total snowfall this season until now had been less then 75 cm... pistes were hurting. Well, we got our legs warmed up, called it good and went back to the hotel, and met up with the other guests we had met from last year. We knew our time would come.

We skied 9 days straight, until Sunday March 6th. Drove back to Turin, checked into our hotel near the airport, got up at 4:45, caught a KL 6:30 am flight, landed at 8:30 am, kids were back in school by 9:15 am. They took the train from the airport straight to school (a painless 8 minute train journey).

For the rest, the pics speak for themselves.

After the first day...

then snow much fun in the powder and between the trees (thank god I wasn't in the trees, that might have been bloody Shocked )

and after all the luscious powder the snow came out...

life mid mountain in a chalet hotel

then it was 'bout time we spent more time in the Sansicario trees

then last day, best day

http://youtube.com/v/qKoiw6ZVfqI

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 18-03-16 13:38; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@HeidiAmsterdam, looks fantastic! snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@HeidiAmsterdam, snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lovely!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks great Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks a lot of fun, Sauze was very hard packed (early season) when we went which left me with a somewhat meh impression, maybe just needs a bit more snow Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
a.j. wrote:
Looks a lot of fun, Sauze was very hard packed (early season) when we went which left me with a somewhat meh impression, maybe just needs a bit more snow Smile

With snow between the pistes and in the trees, it's a whole different ski area.... believe me, I've done it both ways. Without lots of snow, the fun factor goes down by a factor of 15 ...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy