Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendation to AVOID Twinner des neiges (hire shop) in Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Hope this is the right place for negative recommendations! But I'd really love it if no-one has to go through the terrible ski hire experience I had with twinner des neiges in Val Thorens ever again (a shame, as I've rented through other Twinners before, and it was fine, but according to their 'customer services' all shops are independent, and so Twinner themselves are not liable for the actions of any particular shop).

Went to VT 2 weeks ago, decided to hire from Twinner des neiges, as they were in our chalet building. Paid for 'Prestige' hire (most expensive), as having skiied a season + 17 weeks of holiday, I like to think I'm now a fairly decent skiier and wanted decent quality skis. This also came with the option to change skis throughout the week included. Don't want to make this too long, so key points below:

-When I tried to change out skis, they tried to charge me, and took a 10 minute discussion and me logging onto their website to persuade them it was included.
-Ski I got offered included 2011 (5 seasons old!) Scott Rosas with a split edge, 2013 (3 seasons old!) Scott Lunas, and a pair of very poorly balanced, too-long park skis when I asked for powder skis - surely it's not too much to expect skis from this season, or at most 1 season old skis, if paying for 'prestige' hire?
-Very very very rude shop manager. See the email below which I received today, after emailing to complain about the quality of equipment in the shop and asking for a refund - for reference the skis which I "couldn't manage" were the very poorly balanced park skis, which were 10+cm too long for me, but he insisted I take anyway - I returned these finding them far too heavy in the back, and not at all suited to my style of skiing. In one email he a) implies that I'm not good at skiing, having never seen me ski b) admits he's deleting my review from their website, as no-one wants to read my "stupid opinion", and is ridiculously condescending. He is exactly like this in real life too.

Quote:
Hi,

this is Cesar from chalet des neiges ski shop in Val thorens.

just to tell you that we are really apologies about your ski rental in our shop, the laila and the luna they are very good skis for good skiers!! i tried to give you something from this year and you were not able to manage..i can understand see your face before going skiing...a good advice for next rentals is to adaptate to your level the ski range...like confirme or intermidiary for standard skieurs...

also i wanted to tell you about refound..this one is NOT going to be possible, even with your comment in our web site, this comment i will erase from our web site , like that no body will read stupids opinions.is very easy to do..actually is done..also i'll forget all your bad words about shop becouse Jesuchriste showed us to apologize all the touristes like you...no worries..walk in peace

All in all, my worst experience of ski hire I've had, in almost 20 trips, and probably the worst customer service I have ever received either! I'd recommend you avoid the shop if you're in VT, unless you want a very unpleasant experience.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 17-03-16 19:41; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Although on the plus side, the snow in VT was absolutely incredible the week I was there! So that at least made up for it! Razz
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're fussy about skis surely anyone knows you have to check the merchandise before committing to a particular shop as most rental shops are used to dealing with punters who would be lucky to describe the colour of a ski and offer a service commensurate with that.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Black ones please, I paid for supa delux.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's a pretty special email, not surprised you are annoyed lsteon. I usually prebook too and very rarely had an issue, although I do remember on one occasion writing off the prebooked shop and starting from scratch with another shop and to hell with the cost!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
One of the reasons why I have my own skis having gone with a friend who had pre- booked skis in all d hues to be given skis with massive gouges
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When I use twinner, they charge a 20% deposit. The rest is paid at the end of the week. Never, ever had bad service, or crap equipment. Twinner Reberty.

They let me choose what I like the look of, and advise accordingly. Very good shop.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I wonder if pre-booking may actually be a bad thing in some ways.

I don't know how these things are structured, but I wonder if the actual shop doesn't get as much money when you pre-book as when you pay them directly on arrival, which might lead to them not wanting to spend as much time on you.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I suspect Twinner take the 20% deposit. The shop gets the payment in store.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Trouble is, we can't see what e-mail you sent to him to get this response...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
But walk in peace, bro....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have bought stuff from the Twinner Shops in Morzine and Avoriaz, I found them a bit pricey compared to other shops, but the service was polite, and courteous.
Although because of a very positive experience from SlopeStyle (Rue de Bourg) they did become my shop of choice for a while.

Now I tend to buy pre-owned from Lanches, as my 3 teenage boys get through a snowboard each season, and the youngest looks at me each November as I am about to suggest he uses one of his brothers former boards as if to say "It was knackered when you got it for my brother and he's caned the ass out of it all season - don't even think about offering to me" .
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Though I have to admit Cesar sounds like a grade A cockwomble - does he sport a manbun or a top knot by any chance?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy