Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calling all Scandinavia fans.Trysil or Are for half term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Planning next year's half-term hols. We are looking at Trysil or Are. I'm a little concerned about Trsyil in that it is Oslo half term at the same time. In Sweden, it's Gotland and what looks like the south of Sweden. Anyone any insight into how busy the resorts will be, given the regions on holiday? I'm guessing that Trsyil will be busy and Are may be less so...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What week number is it? Week numbers are a brilliant thing compared to "week commencing".
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Themasterpiece, Week 8
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dobby, yes you are right on the half term/regions. I've not been to Trysil during that period but if there is any time it's going to busy in Norway skiing it's then. I dont think Åre will be too busy during week 8, but you are thinking right to book early. Thought about anywhere else in Scandinavia?

Its probably a bit too early in the season still for lapland resorts, Riksgränsen/Bjorkliden/Abisco etc. I fancy going to Hemavan/Tärnaby. From the UK you would need connect via Stockholm, but you can see the mountain from Hemavan airport. I was checking the flights with nextjet but they are only released until end October currently.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skiing time is a bit short in mid feb. Have you considered going south or choosing Scandi a bit later like easter?
More light hours and not so cold. Don't know about easter next year, but this year looks perfect both in timing and weather. Madeye-Smiley
Week7/8 you should be more concerned about the large number of danes in Trysil!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Hyst, I'd love to go later in the year but kids have exams straight after easter. We've not found cold or daylight too bad in mid February. Maybe we've been lucky and/or expecting the worst weather wise. ....
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We regularly go to Are at half term, the Duved/Teger side doesn't really get busy at all except at the main chair (limbana?) the Rodkullen side of Are By will be quieter than the central where all the steeper pistes are. Can be really really windy/cold and the Hogzon may not open at all. Having said that, we've never had a bad time and always found plenty of the soft stuff.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers, @lilywhite. This year we found that Duved/Teger was pretty quiet (until night skiing), as was Rodkullen and Are Bjorn. Must say that the Hogzon was not my favourite part of Are (a bit bleak in flat light and some of the piste classification was a bit random), so wouldn't be fussed if Hogzon did not open (accepting that it helps spread-out the punters).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy