Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Engelberg - early intermediate

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

I happen to be in Zurich for a bit and given proximity to Engelberg, thought I would swing by for a day or two...

But I am early doors on the Ski journey, early not so great intermediate, have skied some Blues and attempted dabbled in some Reds (not very well).... but prefer nice Blues ala Cervinia or the like...

Engelberg is handy with a direct 1.45hr pleasant train journey to centre of Engelberg....

Can anyone give any insights into Engelberg and if any alternatives....

Many thanks
Banchini
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Engelberg is a fair bit steeper than Cervinia generally.Brunni side is pretty mellow but as it tends to face the sun don't know what sort if shape it'll be in.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Personally I'd head to Flims-Laax instead given your level. Engelberg is great and there will be stuff for you to do for a couple of days but overall I'd say it is a bit intimidating for an early intermediate whereas Flims is very friendly with loads of nice skiing. As I remember it isn't really much further from Zurich.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Avoid Engelberg - best for advanced intermediates - you need flattering slopes at this stage.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flumserberg is also well worth a day trip from Zurich.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone, not the answer I was hoping for, but I will check out your recommendations...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@banchini, Engelberg doesn't really have the kind of slopes you are looking for. Flims/Laax is a good call, also Lenzerheide. Both are easy to get to by train from Zurich.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agree with everything above re:Engelberg not being your best best and you are better served by going to Flims/Laax or Flumserberg. Flumserberg being a bit closer to Zurich than Flims/Laax
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
1 hour on the choo choo from Zurich to the Flumserberg gondola valley station at Unterterzen. Snow and rail ticket for travel and lift pass = 95 CHF.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy