Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski in Ski out toilet

Poster: A snowHead
On Channel 4 this morning there was a report about a ski in ski out toilet in a French resort where you can go to the toilet without removing skis. It was presented by Dermot Oleary. I didnt see but was told about it by my father. We need some investigation and pictures and first hand reports from snowHeads who have tested the toilet.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 18-01-06 10:04; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mmm i cant see how this can be boarder friendly Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Isn't it called a tree? Wink
Actually, given that the French like holes in the ground and really rank bogs, it shouldn't be too tricky to implement.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I hope it isn't a squat. They're bad enough at the best of times, but in ski boots they're almost impossible. Maybe skis would give you the fore and aft stability which is so difficult to achieve in a squat, yet so vital to one's physical and emotional well being.

To broaden the discussion out a bit pending an on the spot report of the new French effort, the worst bogs I have suffered were in Nepal. Being outdoors, the whiff was merely ghastly, rather than sickening as in, for example, China, but most of them were made of wooden boards (with a hole) over a pit. Being about twice the weight of the average Nepali, I was always terrified that the damp and probably rotten boards would give way, with consequences too appalling to think about. It didn't half improve my crossword solving times.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski the French Alps

They have the runs
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Found some information here
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I saw it, basically ski into a room with a toilet in the middle, sit down without taking skis off, do the business, ski off............
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The article says they've installed a special one-way system to avoid collisions. Do you think this means the direction you ski in, or the flow of sewage away from the toilet?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think the best bog I've ever seen was in a french ski resort, but I can't remember which one.
This thing had a device which removed the seat and replaced it with one that had been cleaned and dried in a device on the wall.
I flushed a few times just to watch in fascination as the motor purred, the seat lifted and disappeared into the wall and the next one emerged.

Too sad for words when I read what I just wrote!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
richmond wrote:
Maybe skis would give you the fore and aft stability which is so difficult to achieve in a squat, yet so vital to one's physical and emotional well being.

Laughing

This would definitely have interesting results for snowboarders Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Those toilets on the continent where you have to squat down are a nightmare and as richmond says they are almost impossible to use.

A ski in-ski out toilet wouldn't be so bad if Dermot O'Leary was the toilet attendant!! wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rungsp, Lots of Japanese in the resort?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kind of reminds me of the Ski in Ski out McDonalds at some ski area in Sweden. Forgot where it was now.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
In Grenoble airport the toilet seats have an automatic cover system on. You press a button on the side of the toilet and it feeds a sleeve cover around the toilet seat that completely encloses the seat, very hygienic. I could do with one at home for my 8 year old son who hasn't yet got into the habit of lifting the seat so as not to pee on it yet Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Whatever the merits of a ski-in ski-out toilet, the bad news is that water-skiers got to the water-closet first

Click here to blow up toilet.
ski holidays
jb1970, Dermot O'Leary? Who he?
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, I'm gutted - the toilet didn't blow up! Shocked the picture got bigger, but no boom Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
Charlotte - sorry to disappoint you! There's an excellent (and thoroughly obscene) French movie called La Grande Bouffe, where three men eat themselves - very lavishly - to death. An exploding toilet features in one scene.
ski holidays
If the convenience were a trench, rather than a hole, it might be possible to use it without stopping. Many skiers already assume an appropriate posture. A whole new meaning to the concept of the "fall line".
ski holidays
easiski,
Boom Boom

There you are...........
latest report
richmond wrote:
jb1970, Dermot O'Leary? Who he?

Go into google images and type in Dermot O'Leary and up will pop the sexiest thing on 2 legs - he can ski into my boudoir any time he likes - need I say more!!! wink
snow report
jb1970, thanks. What does he actually do (apart from get you hot and bothered)? I suspect him of being a personality.
snow conditions
We had a loo like that in the rainforest in Costa Rica richmond, it ws only usable between 4.30 a.m (sunrise) and 6.30 and then from 4.00 until 7.30 (sunset). It couldn't be used in the dark because of unwanted poisonous visitors and during the day the mosquitos and the unbearable smell ruled it out unles you were absolutely desperate! Whenever anyone went to use it everybody yelled out "Dead man walking"!
snow report
richmond wrote:
jb1970, thanks. What does he actually do (apart from get you hot and bothered)? I suspect him of being a personality.

I think he's a television presenter. As if that matters, I'm only in it for the eye candy!!!!! wink
snow report
jb1970, Keeping ones braces out of harms way is No. 1 priority - thus avoid unpleasant results Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Bernard Condon wrote:
jb1970, Keeping ones braces out of harms way is No. 1 priority - thus avoid unpleasant results Toofy Grin

I could not agree more. It can sometimes be a bit of a military operation if you need to go to the toilet; especially wearing salopettes. Jacket, top layer, then next layer, then braces, then... nightmare!!
snow conditions
Bernard Condon, Its alright for you blokes what about us girls rolling eyes
ski holidays
There's a hotel in Lech which when the sensor senses that you've got off the toilet, a little device pokes out, the toilet seat rotates underneath it, and it cleans and dries the toilet seat that you've just used.

Much like rungsp we played with it again and again, and then called all our friends down so they could watch the incredible contraption.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kramer wrote:
There's a hotel in Lech which when the sensor senses that you've got off the toilet, a little device pokes out, the toilet seat rotates underneath it, and it cleans and dries the toilet seat that you've just used.

Sounds like the japanese washlet japanese washlet toilet
latest report
Bernard Condon, jb1970, my salopettes have a "crap flap" at the back, thus avoiding brace removal.
ski holidays
hibernia, the
Quote:

japanese washlet toilet
sounds wonderful! Heated seat and a wash and blow dry! i'm surprised it doesn't read the newspaper to you too Cool .
snow report
Maybe they'll even start giving away Cuddly toys as well.
snow report
Kramer wrote:
Bernard Condon, jb1970, my salopettes have a "crap flap" at the back, thus avoiding brace removal.

Thanks for that technical detail, Kramer. What's at the front?
snow report
David Goldsmith, that would be a slash gash.
ski holidays
Has anyone got salopettes with a cat flap?
latest report
Kramer wrote:

I was tempted by a pair of these a couple of years ago, but I knew that one afternoo ni'd be standing at the bar and my kids and/or my chums would between them distract me and unzip the thing, to the distress of one and all (except the kids and my chums).
ski holidays
laundryman wrote:
David Goldsmith, that would be a slash gash.
Would women have a slightly different version Embarassed
latest report
That's what I was getting at. I suspect that Kramer is wearing women's salopettes.
snow report
David Goldsmith, I won't expand on what I was getting at.
ski holidays
Kramer wrote:

I have the flaps on my outer sals and the inner fleece ones - but it gets even more dodgy with a climbing harness over them Puzzled
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy