Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hire alta badia in La Villa - avoid?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thought I'd share experience of the alta badia ski rental shop in La Villa. Was very apprehensive about trying on rental boots as I've had terrible feet issues this year (a neuroma and calf muscle problems). Had custom footbeds made but didn't want to buy new boots yet as foot issues ongoing and changing. Went into this rental shop to be met by five staff members staring in an unfriendly manner. One guy was helpful enough but when it became apparent I was not going to waltz off with the first pair of boots that were suggested other staff came hovering round giving me disparaging looks. 4 pairs of boots later I asked helpful chap if he had any other suggestions when one of his colleagues stepped in and rudely said "no. ..we close for lunch" charming! Avoid where possible I'd say. Found better service in another hire store further down the road.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gosh, what a lousy way to treat anyone, let alone someone who's feeling apprehensive and looking for a bit of help.

I can't help wondering if they had plans for 'lunch'. That 3 hour lunch break they take in the region must encourage people to go off and do something with the time they have off. No excuse I know, I'm just surprised at the poor service, especially as I've found most of the service in the area to be very friendly and helpful.

I'm glad you found somewhere more helpful. How were the boots in the end? Did you manage to ski OK?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Where is La Villa? I'm pretty new to skiing, but have only had excellent service and, importantly, attitude at ski hire places.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
La Villa is in the Dolomites. It's on the Sella Ronda circuit in Alta Badia.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Which rental shop was this? We have used Alta Badia Shop & Rental at Strada Colz 60 previously (booked through Skimium, so very cheap), and were very happy with kit and service. Skis were brand new and whilst one person had some issues with boots after first day skiing, they spent a lot of time with her to get them right when she returned that evening to change them (and no problem after that). Service was friendly and helpful. They were happy to change skis with no charge or fuss for another party member who wanted to try something different. But this was two years ago.

La Villa is just over the hill from Corvara, so just off the Sella Ronda circuit in the Dolomites, but easy to join onto the circuit with just a couple of lifts. It accesses the easy skiing between Corvara and San Cassiano, but also has a lovely black run back to town (as well as red and blue variants). It is on the route from Sella Ronda to Santa Croce, and has some lovely quiet skiing in that direction. It is a very quiet, slightly strung out village (no nightlife to speak of, but quite a good Apres Bar at the top of the gondola). Somewhat cheaper but nice hotels than, say, Corvara or San Cassiano. We had an excellent week there (a biggish group of families, so made our own evening entertainment in the hotel bar...). A good base for a mixed group with some less confident skiers, who don't require lots of nightlife.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

staring in an unfriendly manner.

rolling eyes

Sounds like they just didn't want you as a customer, their choice.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stay in the Val G valley and everything is perfect. wink wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all. Got boots from ski renato in the end and they were good. Much better service. As per your comment geeo. ..Thanks!?! Nice to have some support from a fellow scot...happy skiing all!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy