Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tragic news north East Italy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Apologies if this has already been posted. Seems dreadful. http://altoadige.gelocal.it/bolzano/cronaca/2016/03/12/news/valanga-in-valle-aurina-sul-monte-nevoso-4-morti-e-diversi-feriti-1.13113832?ref=hfaabzel-1
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, posted it yesterday when it was first on the BBC news, but very little reaction, surprisingly. I'm wondering if it was because it was in an area that few SHs know, I'd certainly never heard of it before yesterday. Very sad.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tragic. Seems some maybe still missing. I was quite surprised by the lack of reaction but you are probably right in that it's happened in an area little known to Snowheads. seems like they were mountaineers who ski down. Hope it's not a sign of things to come this spring. Lots of snow in North East Italy in the last two weeks on top of a very weak base and now warming temperatures.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We saw a biggish slide in Flaine yesterday. But very impressed that where it happened a 'break' had already been cut to prevent it getting onto a piste, so they were obviously aware of the possibility of a slip.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Much more accurate and less sensational reporting to be found here, including the correct Südtirol names for the locations that may ring a few bells for those who know this German-speaking part of northern Italy:

http://www.tt.com/panorama/unfall/11242309-91/sechs-tote-bei-lawinendrama-tirols-wk-direktor-unter-den-opfern.csp
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
Seems like they were mountaineers who ski down.

They were ski tourers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ski_touring

I've ski-toured and mountain biked in that area, it really is beautiful. Big shame to hear about this tradegy, sounds like a really large avalanche as some even had airbags that didn't save them.

Heartbreaking to read about the father who tried without success to save his 16 year old son. Crying or Very sad

My thoughts go out to the families of those involved.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sj1608 wrote:
, but very little reaction, surprisingly. I'm wondering if it was because it was in an area that few SHs know, I'd certainly never heard of it before yesterday. Very sad.

There are a few smaller ski resorts in that area. I'm sure some are covered in a Kronplatz winter brochure I have at home. I'm also sure that the area is popular for X country skiing.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy