Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

crowds & queues

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I wonder if anyone has any ideas for a brief ski break in Europe somewhere in the week of 20th March. Requirements are simple: snow and not crowded. My wife hates skiing in crowds (bad collision last year) so we're happy to fly into Zurich/Geneva, pick up a car and have a leisurely drive to somewhere high and not too busy. Grateful for any suggestions
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jameshiggins, nowhere should be too crowded and you don't need to go too high.

Wengen/Murren and you won't even need to hire a car.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jameshiggins, Welcome to snowHeads. snowHead

As you're looking for dates later this month have you looked at any of the last minute deals offered by the tour operators? For example Inghams have good reductions, taking the example of Wengen/Murren mentioned above (car free resorts with fantastic scenery) you can get a week in the Hotel Alpenrose in Wengen Half Board (which is renowned for the high standard of its cuisine) from 19/3/2016 flying from Manchester (you don't give your location but other airports are probably available) with transfers for £688 p.p.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:
@jameshiggins, nowhere should be too crowded and you don't need to go too high.

This. I'd be tempted to stick high (from force of habit more than necessity) but last week in March is a quiet (and cheap) week, as long as it doesn't coincide with Easter...which it won't next year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The week of March 20th includes Good Friday so is one of the Easter weeks. But Easter is usually fairly quiet compared to the other holiday periods. No where should be too busy. You do not mention costs or indeed how long a brief break is so a reccomendation will be difficult. I will be heading to Les Arcs later that week for the Easter weekend.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We have been getting some conflicting news on this - we have similar priorities - assuming we are talking this year. Based on the relatively limited accommodation availability in some places (might be just where we are looking), I wonder if places might be a bit busy. Heard from someone out in the Haute Savoie at the moment saying she thought that things were busy and that the late arrival of the snow and and early Easter might mean things could be busier than usual.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@MBSki, certainly possible but Easter really is rarely so very busy.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name, I am reassured by that, thank you! We usually go to Serre Chevalier then, and may still do, and never known it to be busy at that time of year. But was coming up as an issue as had wondered instead about Les Contamines or Saint Gervais, as snow looked a bit less good in Serre Chevalier, at least lower down, and so were looking into what Haute Savoie places might be like. Also sparked by not finding any accommodation in Val Cenis for the dates we can do. Slightly different to @jameshiggins, as we are driving so a bit more flexible.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@johnE, oh yeah! For some reason I though OP was talking about next year Puzzled
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just back from a four day weekend in flaine with seven pals, quick flight on easyjet, quick transfer from Geneva, amazing snow and skiing, The hotel was great (Terminal Neige) very easy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy