Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol S7 colours?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I hired a pair of Rossignol S7s in Italy last week and thought they were brilliant. They lived up to their rave reviews off piste and I found them perfectly adequate on piste. I am in the market for a new pair of skis anyway and the sales have already started.

I have looked online at various websites and every S7 I have seen is either yellow or green. Those that I hired were coloured a somewhat bizarre mixture of purple and dare I say it pink. There was even a little red heart towards the tip of one of them so they did look just a little bit gay to me.

The ski hire shop was very good and they asked my weight which is 75kg so I don't think that they were a ladies ski.

Is it possible that hire skis have different graphics than those sold to the public, or is it possible that someone actually had their own individual graphics specifically created? The chap in the shop said they were this season's model although the bases looked as they had quite some wear, but that just could be because of the poor conditions prevailing in Italy up to that time.

I am really keen to buy a pair but I want to be sure that what I buy is the same as I skied last week.

All advice appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If they were this seasons then you were on soul 7, and not s7

Biggest obvious difference is the honeycomb tip that is see through on soul 7

the s7 was replaced by the soul 7

s7 looks like this

http://content.backcountry.com/images/items/900/ROS/ROS0808/ONECOL.jpg
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Were these the ones you hired?

http://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/rossignol-s7-bindings-used-2010.aspx

The S7 was the ski which started Rossi's current 7-series of Smash/Sin/Soul/Super/Squad.

I have a pair of Sin7 which I use everywhere.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RobW wrote:
Were these the ones you hired?

http://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/rossignol-s7-bindings-used-2010.aspx

The S7 was the ski which started Rossi's current 7-series of Smash/Sin/Soul/Super/Squad.

I have a pair of Sin7 which I use everywhere.

Yes those are the ones. As well as the colouring you will see the little red heart shape at the tip that I mentioned.

According to the link they are the 2010 model. That would account for the wear on the bases. I think something must have been lost in translation when I spoke to the chap in the hire shop and he said they were the current model.

My next question is what is the current equivalent and are they as good?

Thank you for your help.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@legue,

Thank you for your reply as well.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Soul 7 is probably the equivalent are a great little ski - some people say they are a bit soft noodly, but that's largely a matter of weight and aggression., I think they are quite fun and playful. Only drawback I can see is that people who know more about them than me say they aren't the beefiest construction.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@richjp, The Soul 7 probably is the current equivalnet and as I've posted elsewhere:

I have the Soul 7s with F12s. These are my ideal holiday punter one ski quiver. They are fun on the pistes (not too fast), fun off the piste and I can tour on them too. They'd be rubbish to "charge" on but I'm past that now, you can't crud bust on them and on an icy skin track they are a little scary (break out the couteaux) but these drawbacks are massively outweighed by the fact that they are really, really fun.

Next year there will be the Soul 7 HD with added Carbon. Apparently a bit stiffer.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy